please help!

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Does anyone else have problems with db edit and db500.
I have downloaded and edited of all settings for Hotbird including pids,only to find when I upload this to the 500 it deletes all the pids? and siezes up after reload from db edit. Is there any easier way to send cpmplete settings list to box without have to put all the pids in manually

any help or even a reply would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Tim.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Storm55 said:
Does anyone else have problems with db edit and db500.
I have downloaded and edited of all settings for Hotbird including pids,only to find when I upload this to the 500 it deletes all the pids? and siezes up after reload from db edit. Is there any easier way to send cpmplete settings list to box without have to put all the pids in manually

any help or even a reply would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Tim.

Hi Tim

Just a few questions to try to find out what is going on:

1) Why are you changing the pids, any perticular reason?

2) What happens if you backup your list, delete same channels, rearrange the buquets but without changing pids or channel names or details, and then load it back to the box, still got problems?

3) What image are you using, have you got the same problem with all images or is it just the one?

4) Have you got the latest version of the dreamboxedit?

5) Something to try just in case it is your settings that are funny: First, backup your image and settings. Then load up a fresh image (not a backuped une) and then download a set of settings from one of the sites. Then play with the pids and see if you still got the same problems.

Let me know how you get on with this, and don't give up so soon. There must be a solution. :)

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi TG thanks your reply

1) Added pids because files did not show any pids entered.
2) Still the same
3) Gemini 2.7
4) yes checked
5)still the same
6) After loading new Gemini image I used db edit to dowmload settings and log said that there were errors in file. But it wasn't me I didn't touch it!
Perhaps a factory reset may be in order.

Tim.

DCG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 and 7020
cas 3
blue ice cam
sv card
redlight card
seca cam
reality cam
opos 1.03 and 1.05
lynksys router
gold cards
fun cards
1.1 mtr trix dish
0.3 sharp lnb
hh100 moter
xplus tv and inxtc card
s_x view +
ceribro card
My Location
just above the earth
theres a few people saying settings from dream edit are go ing rong or channels missing it might be a small bug in gemini m8

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Many thanks I will try an older Gemini file.It seems that I am not going mad after all, does anyone have any idea which was the last stable version of Gemini.

Tim.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sorry Tim for not getting back to you. Never had the problem your having with pids. So really cant answer you, but what I would do is load a new latest settings list. Which you can download for a key site. Load these in with flash wizzard pro. Reboot dreambox. Then Receive files from dreambox in dreambox edit and see if cured.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi john thanks for getting back.

I have carried out factory reset, reloaded Gemini 202 and latest pet settings,But had to go back to work so I will see if this works this evening.

Thanks
Tim

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi guys.

Ok I have now reloaded Gemini 2.7 as I found this the same as the older versions, loaded the new pet settings via Dreamwizard, I now have many more channels working, but cannot still get RTL,Vox,XXL I still get the usual Service could not be found banner.If I use zap on explorer it say that there are no pids.

how can I enter pids, because if I edit the services file and enter the pids, the instructions say that all I will get is a blank screen.

any ideas

Tim.