Please look at this motor install.

norm360

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S, TD88 Triax Dish + NH210 Motor
My Location
UK
My latitude is 50.4 degrees. Yet in order to track the arc properly I have to set the mount to 61 degrees.

Now I suspect I have been supplied the wrong motor mount, does this look like the case? The dish is set to 22.7 degrees as per the manual (30 - 7.3 degrees).

Images uploaded to server [Admin]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I was going to upload the pics to our server for you, on this occasion - but the album was empty!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Without benefit of the pics, it's hard to say what the problem might be, but generally mounts for H-H motors are pretty similar.

The only thing to watch out for is that they often have two scales - one on each side of the bracket: One is "Elevation" (Ignore that one) and the other is Latitude.

I would hazard a guess and suggest that it is more likely to be the dish backplate which has been assembled upside down (they are often reversible).

Anyway, I suggest you set the Motor Mount to the correct figure, then adjust the dish elevation so the face is vertical. This avoids confusion with the backplate scale(s) and if the dish can't get anywhere near vertical, then the issue is proved and the backplate needs to be reversed. If you can get near vertical, with a bit of up/down leeway, then all is well.

Then send to Thor and carry out your final tweaks - correcting Azimuth by moving the motor/dish as one piece around the pole and correcting elevation by raising or lowering the dish only (as you would for a fixed installation).

If you can upload the pics, though, that would be a great help (Go Advanced, then Manage Attachments)

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
I agree with Tivu on this one ..
Similar problems can be experienced on the errr...'unique' and somewhat frustrating mount on the back of the Triax series of dishes ..
Its so easy to get the mount upside down..
rgds
VS

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, looks like the dish AzEl mount is the wrong way up. Turn it round and reset the motor latitude to 50 degrees.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
...Yep looks to be upside down ..
I'm surprised there are no pictures to refer to in the instruction book accompanying the motor/dish ??

norm360

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S, TD88 Triax Dish + NH210 Motor
My Location
UK
The manual did show the dish bracket the other way around. But if I did that I wouldn't be able to track the degree scale on the dish.

Thanks for all the replies.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Dish El bracket markings are never always accurate.

Set the motor inclination to 50 degrees and the dish elevation slightly facing up for your reference satellite set up.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
You could always do what I do ..and assemble the whole shebang..at ground level ..setting everything to what it should be ..then ..If you feel up to it ..hoik the complete assembly onto your shoulder and fit en'mass to the pole/mount itself..
A bit of tape to hold the motor clamps in place and open ...spanner in your pocket ..and away you go.
I wouldn't recommend this method unless you are braced solidly off the wall with a suitable ladder 'stand-off' as it does require stability and positioning..
rgds
VS