Please somebody help me.

browneyekol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am yet to buy a Dish. And my computer confg is 700 celeron with 128 mb RAM, 20 GB hdd.
My Location
Kolkata, India
I am from India(Kolkata). Very recently DTH service has lounched here. I am very interesting about it but dont know where to start. So I have take this step.

First of all I want to know is this, is it posible to get all the FTA channels of various Satellites(whoes footprint can be found in India)? If yes then how?

The next thing is, what kind of CAM do I need to get most of the FTAs of various Satellites.

To get both C band as well as the Ku band, what kind of dish set up is needed?

From where I can get the CAMs, as in india there is only DISH TV and DD direct service is avilable.

From India(kolkata) how many adult(hardcore, 24*7) channels can be viewed.

How can I get Hotbird signal in India

I am a novice so I will be highly oblidge if somebody help me and guide me through this.

Thanks a lot.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Download "SatcoDX" software from the internet. You can enter your location and it will show you what satellites you can receive and what channels are available.

FTA means Free-To-Air, you don't need a CAM to get FTA signals. The purpose of a CAM is to decode paid subscription services which are not FTA. You should look at the channels you wish to receive and purchase a CAM which will work for those channels.

I don't think you can get hotbird in India. Everybody seems to want Hotbird, but there's nothing really special about it. You are not missing out.

I don't know about C band, but I gather the equipment is quite a lot different than Ku band. It looks to me like there are more C band satellites in your area than Ku band.

browneyekol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am yet to buy a Dish. And my computer confg is 700 celeron with 128 mb RAM, 20 GB hdd.
My Location
Kolkata, India
Simba27 said:
Download "SatcoDX" software from the internet. You can enter your location and it will show you what satellites you can receive and what channels are available.

FTA means Free-To-Air, you don't need a CAM to get FTA signals. The purpose of a CAM is to decode paid subscription services which are not FTA. You should look at the channels you wish to receive and purchase a CAM which will work for those channels.

I don't think you can get hotbird in India. Everybody seems to want Hotbird, but there's nothing really special about it. You are not missing out.

I don't know about C band, but I gather the equipment is quite a lot different than Ku band. It looks to me like there are more C band satellites in your area than Ku band.

to get the fta's what kind of dish and LNB i should use?
thanks for the help.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
browneyekol said:
to get the fta's what kind of dish and LNB i should use?
thanks for the help.

the combination of the largest dish you can afford/fit and the lowest noise lnb you can get hold of 0.4/0.3dB and a motor to spin your dish round will give you more choice...

for hotbird in india a search on the internet reveals you might get something with a 3M dish.....

_http://www.drdish.com/eng/qa/200501/000523.shtml

-cts

browneyekol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kolkata, India
I like to buy cheap second hand STB, LNB and dish. I am a novice so I dont wanna go for a higher end setups. So please sombody help me regarding this.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hmmm...you could always build your own dish and a cheap FTA low threshold receiver.

There is an article in the latest Tele Satellite Magazine about the Aussie guy who makes his own dishes in all sizes out of wood and then put a thin reflective coat on the surface, it's cheap and it works and you can choose whatever size you like...

rashidsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i want new version of sofwares for digital receivers
browneyekol said:
I am from India(Kolkata). Very recently DTH service has lounched here. I am very interesting about it but dont know where to start. So I have take this step.

First of all I want to know is this, is it posible to get all the FTA channels of various Satellites(whoes footprint can be found in India)? If yes then how?

The next thing is, what kind of CAM do I need to get most of the FTAs of various Satellites.

To get both C band as well as the Ku band, what kind of dish set up is needed?

From where I can get the CAMs, as in india there is only DISH TV and DD direct service is avilable.

From India(kolkata) how many adult(hardcore, 24*7) channels can be viewed.

How can I get Hotbird signal in India

I am a novice so I will be highly oblidge if somebody help me and guide me through this.

Thanks a lot.
my dear you can watch on dish tv only the dish tv channels for fta channel you must have a digital receiver thanks