Pleeease help! (Starsat SR-X550D Super)

monicsimon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
london
Hi,

I need some help please if out there is anyone who knows about Starsat SR-X550D Super satellite reciver. I purchased this receiver few days ago and installed all new updated software from official starsat website: h**p://star-sat.com/download.html. On new interface I cannot find way how to enter keys manualy to be able to watch pay-per-wiew channels on Hot Bird 13E.
Is there any file that I can upload to the receiver to be able to watch this channels?
If anybody know answers can you please try to explain to me step-by-step, I will be very gratefull.

Thanks

naimbytyqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi
My Location
germany
hi hier you found a software for starsat 550d super www.satdw.com but bekerfull you need super not ultra to giv the codes

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
To edit keys manually on your box, go to MENU, then Installation and then Input Code. That's it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Official software from the manufacturer is very unlikely to allow you to enter codes! You need the modified hobby software.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Unofficial sw can be found at satdw.com
However, most times, these boxes are already provided with a sw that allows to manually edit codes ;)

naimbytyqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi
My Location
germany
the best version for starsat 550 d ist 364 in this version yo cann give thhe code manual, you go to the

meny,istalation,input code. nagra,digital+ for taquilla for tps you need the newest version forexamble 370and then you giiv the softcam for premiere and manual for d+

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
My idea is that your problem will be solved by installing the hacked version of your receiver's software from www.satdw.com

Add the frequencies you want, and does an auto search. You can find the new fq from satcox.com.

But, but.. you should know something about starsat receivers:
Although they have good picture performance, but on each upgrade you’ve to do a satellite scan and make a favorites list. I’ve heard that there’s a channel backup program for the starsat receivers but I haven’t seen them yet on my own.

P.S.: Be sure to download the right one in the right way. If not, you’ve to say bye-bye, to the flash of your receiver.

Arbi.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
To save the channel list, before updating the sw, and avoid a rescan, do a system backup
Go to MENU
Go to System setup
go to system backup

now update your sw

the box will boot, a window will pop up and say no channels,
just ignore it, go again to system setup and do a system restore

your channels list, including favorites is now restored

enjoy ;)

monicsimon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
london
Thank you all very much for your help, I have followed your instructions and uploaded receiver with hacked software from satsw.com. Now I have menu-instalation-input codes screen and several decoders( I think )---nagra, iderto, viaccess etc each with some channels and codes in it. I tryed to find keys for listed channels on the internet and input them, but it seems that is not working. Also I dont have on "input codes" menu all channels that are found when I was searching satellite. By the way I am on Hot Bird 13E. Do I do anything wrong? Can you please explain to me what is TPS.BIN file, what are HEX heys and what is softcam, and which one of this do I need for my receiver? Do I need to upload any of this and if yes, which one? Do I need to enter only HEX keys, or there is somthing else to it? Where can I found suitable keys and if is possible how do I connect to card share network to be able to wach sky channels?

Thanks

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thank you all very much for your help, I have followed your instructions and uploaded receiver with hacked software from satsw.com. Now I have menu-instalation-input codes screen and several decoders( I think )---nagra, iderto, viaccess etc each with some channels and codes in it. I tryed to find keys for listed channels on the internet and input them, but it seems that is not working.

Good to see you have progressed :D, I'll try and answer your questions even though it is a long list :wow: :wow: :wow: :D
BTW, do not use v370. It's faulty. Probably a v371 will be released.

Also I dont have on "input codes" menu all channels that are found when I was searching satellite. By the way I am on Hot Bird 13E. Do I do anything wrong?
You have the possibility to edit codes only for those channels supported by the EMU system. E.g. D+ or some Seca providers.

Can you please explain to me what is TPS.BIN file, what are HEX heys and what is softcam, and which one of this do I need for my receiver?Do I need to upload any of this and if yes, which one?
The tps.bin file contains all the keys for TPS used during 1 day. Indeed, it must be uploaded every day. HEX keys are strings of hexadecimal digits known as keys as they give access to a scrambled service. A softcam file contains these keys. To upload the tps.bin or softcam key file to your box you need the keyeditor available on satdw.com
You may need all of them or none of them. It depends on what you are aiming at.

Do I need to enter only HEX keys, or there is something else to it? Where can I found suitable keys and if is possible how do I connect to card share network to be able to wach sky channels?
You can find keys on the web. There are many sites where you can download them. Just make sure to download the latest ones.
I doubt this receiver supports CS.

Bye for now

rogeriko

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Do as Deepdiver says install Key Editor on your computer and then upload the daily softcam key files from hxxp://satrecerver.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=2078 every channel you can possibly watch will be open. You do NOT have to bother with entering keys by remote control couldnt be easier. Starsat and their clones are fantastic machines and have been for years now.Excellent support from our arabic friends .Starsat recievers are sold by the million in the middle east.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
But please post back to let us know how successfull you were

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BTW, a v371 has been released on satdw.com. TPS AU added...and reported to be still working

monicsimon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
london
Hi there,

I followed instructions you gave me, and, thanks to you all, I have managed to upload new nice looking green coloured software in to my receiver, it looks like keys are beiong updated every time i turn on receiver, mening that i dont have to enter them manualy. Excellent! I have also uploaded "latest softcam" for this receiver and managed to unlock hmmmm I would say some of the channels, but not all of them. I can see all french channels (Multivision, Cinema, and othet arabic or french speaking channels). Not bad, I must say, but I would apprichiate if you would know if is possible to do same with other channels like s_x view, some greek speaking channels (Mega, Antena, Star, etc) or channels like National geographic, Discovery, Sky movies or other English speaking channels. Is it there some softcam to upload for them, or is it there anything else I can do?

Thanks

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well done, glad to read you sorted now.

Other channels you mentioned are encrypted and not available on your box, using the current sw.This really is the most you can get out of your box.