pls rank the top 10 digital receivers

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Hello all,

If you have the time, can you pls rank (as per your own view, experience, etc) the top 10 digital receivers. The reason I am asking is that where I come from (an eastern European country) there are several brands on sale which I have never heard of, but they are trated as top-range gear and of course carry a top-range price.

The criteria for the above ranking is just for the receiver to be able to have a slot for an original NOVA card. This is a Greek package on Hotbird and is encrypted with irdeto-2. I will be getting an original (authentic) Nova card and of course will be paying my subscriptions.

What confuses me is that if for instance, I have a Humax 5400 with Common Interface embedded irdeto, and a Conditional Access Module, which slot will I be using in order to insert the Nova card. Will I be using the CI slot and the package will be decoded right away, or will I have to buy an irdeto CAM for the Nova card so that I use the CAM slot.

In other words, when I purchase a receiver, what should I be looking for - an embedded CI module, or a CAM?

Finally, have any of you heard of a receiver called ESPECTA? They treat this here as the best there is out there! What about SKYVIEW?

Thanks for your help.
krassi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't heard of either of those I'm afraid Krassi, but there are probably similar receivers being sold under different names , this seems to be the trend these days.

I can't give you a top ten either, as I havent properly tested 10 digital receivers, but do like the Echostar range, particularly the Echonav software.

With regard to the Irdeto CAM, I would have thought that any embedded Irdeto CAM should be OK with an official Irdeto2 card.

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Thanks Rolfw,

Just to be on the safe side: The receiver that I need should have only one slot, right? Particularly, an embedded irdeto CAM. However, if it has two, then this is an advantage but not a necessity?

Thanks
krassi

khaabu8014

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P-4 1300 mhz. 80 mb hard disk, 128 mb video and 512 mb RAM
I have Skyview reveiver, but I do not have any refrences regarding the maker.

apdphil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Beausat 2004FT
My Location
Kuwait
I have BeauSat 2004 FT receiver and prefer if any one can suggest how to programme it as my programming is messed up or operation manual in PDF format.

Would appreciate any one's help.

Thanks in advance.

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
I have a starsat srx650 ci 2m and think it is great. It has some kind of emulation on it that clears nag1 and tps crypt and some ird1 stuff. Updates are readily available when necessary. Do not have a cam myself but the box has 2 slots for cams and I know it works with Nova because I bought it in greece where it had ird2 cam (think it was ird 2 cam) and nova card in it at the shop I bought it from.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Can I point out this thread is 2 years old, and the origianl poster almost certyainly has a receiver by now :D

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
tnks analoguesat. listed the last 24 hr posts and did not bother to look at dates.