Plug N Play?

radiostar123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
Cumbria
Hi guys,

Just me again! - I visited my local MAPLIN today and found one of these SATALLITES in A SUITCASE kits. Am I correct in saying that its as simple as 1) Plugging decoder into TV
2) Attaching cable to LNB
3) Attaching LNB to Dish
4) Point the dish at the sky.

If so - how do I know which way to point the dish to access the various Sats?

LCK

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
1 2 and 3 yes its about taht simple.

4 - can take anything from 5 minutes (:))to a couple of weeks(:eek:) to get your first signals.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Took me a week before I got my Porty kit (the original Suitcase kit!!!)trained onto a satellite, but even then it wasn't perfect... :D

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
2cvbloke said:
Took me a week before I got my Porty kit (the original Suitcase kit!!!)trained onto a satellite, but even then it wasn't perfect... :D

Same here, thought it was faulty at first. Nowdays I can usually set her up in about 5 minutes usinng nothing more than my old orienteering compass.:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
the_happy_traveller said:
Same here, thought it was faulty at first. Nowdays I can usually set her up in about 5 minutes usinng nothing more than my old orienteering compass.:)

Same here, I was ready to take it back until I tested it on my outdoor sky dish... :D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Brings back memories, LOL.

In 1999 or so, brought my Panny back from the UK - sat on the roof, in Winter weather, with a cellphone in hand to my partner warm and cosy - pointing the minidish at the sky [read: physically pointing the dish at the stars for the best part of an hour and I was ****ing freezing to death].

I got my act together a week later, signed up to this site, and even without a compass, I reckon I had sorted SKY out in less than 15 minutes even though it was snowing ;-))