Plugin stream2db

gst

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC-DB
My Location
UK
Hi,

I am new to all these, but i installed the plugin on my DM500 and it works fine.

My problem is that I cannot find a way to stop the plugin and i have to restart in order to return to the channel mode without having the plugin to wait for buffering and every now and then to give another message that is cannot find the stream.

Can anyone please reply if there is a way to stop it?

Thanks

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi gst,

Glad to hear that the plugin is working. :)

I developed the plugin for long plays like a dvd or a playlist. I just restart enigma at the end.

If I get some time I will look into a more neat way of ending.

Regards, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi,

I have modified the plugin so that enigma restart is not necessary for stopping. Just press OK on the remote and select channel.

But this version will not automatically restart playback when there is a break in streaming, for example at the end of a video. You will need to restart the plugin.

It should work for the 500. Also checked OK for the 5620, and probably will work for the others. Please let us know if there is any problem.

Do not forget to rename plugin and attribute ! :)

Regards, pcd.

k0103707

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got this working proper on a dm500? Tried it but it pixilates, tried it on a couple of other images same result. It doesn't pixilate like it does with vlc where the sound as well as the picture get distorted. Just the pic gets distorted on this. Tried to change the parameters myself but all i get is a black screen... You guys got parameters which work that i could try out besides the ones which were in the readme file since i get the same problem with all of them.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
The Readme parameters were from testing with a 5620.

Video pixellation is likely if the machine does not have enough resource available for rendering the picture. Look in the process list (telnet>ps) and see if you can kill some processes running in the background (telnet killall -9 mgcamd, for instance).

beebuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
CN
Dear PCD:
i am very interested in Stream2DB,may i get the Stream2DB source? :-worship

Best Regards

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
No problem. But what is the purpose and, what is your coding/dreambox development background ? Please pm if you wish.

beebuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
CN
My system is DM500,and i only knew a few C programming,can i understand the source? I take it for learn and develop some plugin for DM500 users if i can. For example, i need change channels on DM500 by remote control when i using stream2DB(I think that is better if stream2DB can send some command to PC. BTW: I run VLC for streaming the videos from a DVB card under linux system) may i get the the source by my email removed ? Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
You can make dreambox plugins if you have the CDK (Cross Development Kit). The CDK is set up when you make an image. Here is a good guide for this :-

h**p://www.sat-industry.net/forums/dreambox-development/17990-howto-build-complete-image-any-dreambox.html

You should start with that first. Then you should try to make the "Demo" plugin.

latinofever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Sky Dish and 85 cm dish
My Location
UK
Hi there this sounds a great app.

Is there a version for the DM7025?

Regards
C

beebuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
CN
Dear PCD,i found there is a Stream2dbE2 plugin from you,that's so great for me,cause i have some simple python skills,Is it work in my DM500?

beebuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
My Location
CN
Can i use enigma2 in my DM500? I'm a newbie.:p

Regards.

mike_dm500

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500, Acer notebook, P4 2.6 GHz/4G RAM desktop
My Location
CZ
Hi,

many thx for stream2db. Works very good. I have seen in some forum that you discussed about udp modification.. Do you have this version ? I would like to send stream from my vlc server to DM client (UDP rtp stream defined by client's IP and PORT)..

PCD said:
Version 1.02 :

Modified for better buffering. Also, if there is a break in the stream, play restarts automatically.

Now VLC playlists with multiple files can be played continuously.

First make your playlist with VLC media player. Start > View > Playlist >Manage > Add files > Save Playlist.

Start VLC streaming from pc as before. Select the playlist as a file. This command line works:-

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=1024,width=352,height=288,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,ttl=6,url=:9090/dboxstream}} --sout-keep

Start plugin on dreambox, sit back and enjoy ! :)

Regards, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

I did not get round to doing a udp version. Next time I take up this plugin, I will try.

Thanks for recording your interest.

Cheers, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
beebuu said:
Can i use enigma2 in my DM500? I'm a newbie.:p

Regards.

Sorry Beebuu, I did not see your post. Unfortunately, the 500 cannot use E2 images. Only the 600, 7020 and 7025 can. Strictly speaking E2 is only meant for the 7025. But for interest E2 images have also been developed for the other two boxes, which of course mainly use E1 images.

Cheers, pcd.

mike_dm500

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500, Acer notebook, P4 2.6 GHz/4G RAM desktop
My Location
CZ
Hi PCD,

do you have the source code ? Can you send it ? I will try to modify this..
Many thanks

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
It is basically the two movieplayer .cpp and .h (from cvs /tuxbox/plugins/enigma and /tuxbox/enigma/lib and /include) combined. If you can replace the http client with a udp client in the existing movieplayer plugin from the cvs please let me know and we will jointly develop from there.

Cheers, pcd.

skatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
gabon
hello!

great plugin. I used it to stream from DVB Dream to Dreambox 7020.
I set up the DVBDream to stream on my LAN. open it with VLC, through UDP: port 1234 (the same DVB Dream broadcasts from) and then followed your guide...
worked like a charm!

cmral

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
Germany
Hi PCD,
Stream2db seems to be the tool I looking for! But I had no luck to see anything on the Box!
I have a dm7020 with the actual boxman image I get some error of unresolved Symbols.
(Can't remeber which it was exactly but it where Display in it )

So I have tried some older images.
Using boxman-image-dm7020-20061212.nfi I see no errors anymore.

So I start a streaming of a single mpeg2 file on the PC

I can connect to the stream by an other vlc http : / /127.0.0.1:9090/dboxstream
So I think the the steaming should work fine...

If I start the stream2db plugin on the box nothing changed, but I had a cpu load from 90% on the box used by one enigma process.

I looked with wireshark on the net but see no data between the box and the pc

So I not sure where the error is located... Should I try an older image?

My movieplayer.xml look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/XSLMPSettings.xsl"?>
<Videotranscode "0" >
<Videocodes "mpeg2" >
<Videosize "704x576">
<Audiotranscode "0" >
<ac3 "0" >
<vlc>
<server ip="192.168.1.237" webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" File="1" DVD-VOB="0" />
</vlc>

Any hints would be fine ;-)

Thanks
cmral