Polarotor feedhorn with AV-Comm Polarizer

My Satellite Setup
Winegard Quadstar 10ft dish on Ajak H-H 180 mount. 1.2M Fortec KU dish on Jaeger Diseq 1.2 H-H mount. Titanium ASC 1 Positioner, and various brands of FTA receivers.
My Location
USA
I was interested in purchasing a AV-Comm polarizer to use in conjunction with my Chaparral Polarotor feed on a 10ft prime focus dish here in the states, i did see a post with pictures of one by @John, but i can not contact him about the technical details on how he was able to combine both of them together? as if cutting or milling of both parts was involved. I have been using this feed with a C band PLL lnb and Titanium ASC1 positioner with excellent results on Linear reception i want to try Circular as i have a good view of Eastern arc sats all the way down to Telstar 12 15w which i am currently receiving on a KU dish.

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I was interested in purchasing a AV-Comm polarizer to use in conjunction with my Chaparral Polarotor feed on a 10ft prime focus dish here in the states, i did see a post with pictures of one by @John, but i can not contact him about the technical details on how he was able to combine both of them together? as if cutting or milling of both parts was involved. I have been using this feed with a C band PLL lnb and Titanium ASC1 positioner with excellent results on Linear reception i want to try Circular as i have a good view of Eastern arc sats all the way down to Telstar 12 15w which i am currently receiving on a KU dish.

Hi,
It's been quite a few years since i used that combination, i'll have a search through the garage tomorrow all being well of stuff that's stored and see if i can find out some info. There is a substantial benefit in performance for circular pol signals using the AV-Comm barrel over using a push in slab.
On more recent builds using different lnb's or motorised skew etc i did have to have the barrel skimmed just a tad on the inside for the various feeds or lnb's and also the outer front edge skimmed down a tad to fit certain scalar rings.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Prodelin - used to - make a half sized mechanical waveguide depolariser for their receive only prime focus dishes.

2.4m up to 4.5m

My Satellite Setup
Winegard Quadstar 10ft dish on Ajak H-H 180 mount. 1.2M Fortec KU dish on Jaeger Diseq 1.2 H-H mount. Titanium ASC 1 Positioner, and various brands of FTA receivers.
My Location
USA
Thanks for the info and your reply.