Pole Mounting a Minidish

JCartney

Reaction score
Good evening all, within the next couple of weeks I'm going to be installing a minidish on the house. To get clear line of site to 28.2E I'm going to have to mount it on a pole on the wall to rise above the bottom of the roof.

I know I'm going to need some T&K brackets and I've gone for a 5ft, 1.5 inch diameter pole. Is that diameter ok?
What I'm confused about is fitting the minidish to the pole. I've read that not all minidishes can be pole mounted and that some will only mount on a 1.25 inch pole. So, can anyone help ease my confusion. Can all minidishes be pole mounted, or is it the case that some cannot? I was going to pop in to Maplin's next week to pick up a dish but don't want to get the wrong one. Also, what will I need to mount the dish to a pole. A couple of U bolts?

Cheers,
John

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I don't know what the latest MK4 zone1 Sky dishes are like but the MK3 ones fitted on a pole just fine. They would fit nicely on a 2 inch diam pole with one large V-bolt. A 1.5 inch would be OK too, because the dishes are so small.

The zone2 dishes fit on an 1.5 inch OK, you just ditch the elbow and wall mount that comes with it.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Depends on what dish as mentioned. A mast of 1.25 inch also works ok and you'll need one u clamp as shown.

Attachments

• zone1 on TK.jpg
    zone1 on TK.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52