My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
is there any polish language channel that has english subtitles avialable as i am learning polish.

or any english channel with polish subtitles?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
TVP has a few progs with english subs and I believe BBC Prime has Polish subtitles on teletext

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hijack..

How is this setup?? i mean on our crappy anal ter service we press teletex and 888 .. is it the same code or diferent.. im learning language not but polish :(

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
If we're talking about BBC Prime, the teletext subtitles seem to only be available on the BBC's own transponder on Hotbird (ie not where Prime is rebroadcast by a DTH provider).

Depending which page number you go to you get a different language. IIRC the languages go from page 880 to page 890. There's a link on page 100 of the service.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
882 is polish i think

Muddler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird analogue Pace MSS100 clear and digital Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA from 80 cm fixed dish.
My Location
East Midlands, UK.
D4ftpunk said:
is there any polish language channel that has english subtitles avialable as i am learning polish.

or any english channel with polish subtitles?

As a speaker of both languages, and from my experience, I can tell you that the English subtitles that you see appended to a Polish language program are seldom a literal translation of what has been said.

I believe that the subtitles are there, to enable the viewer to follow the story line or plot, and this they do reasonably well.

My own opinion is that you are better off without dodgy subtitles. Watch the programs, concentrate on the images and an understanding will develop.

With the advent of global TV and greater freedom of movement etc., the Polish language is rapidly becoming Anglicised and you will hear and fully understand many familiar words within recently made Polish programs. Using these words as stepping stones and by frequent viewing of Polish TV material you may learn to at least understand the language more effectively than by use of subtitles.