Polish dish?

Bitman

Reaction score
(...no, I don't mean bigosz :) )

After much discussion elsewhere about our various experiences (special thanks to Corrigap and JVT), it looks as though I need a 180cm dish.
The general consensus seems to be that the Channel Master is best, but it's expensive and not readily available at present.

As an alternative, some of the products retailed by Polish company Hollex (trading in the UK as Hollstar) have been suggested.
In particular, a 185cm aluminium dish made by Mabo and a plastic one which seems identical to the one by Laminas look good on paper.

I can't find any information about the quality of these on any of the forums.
Does anyone out there have any experience of these products or the dealer?

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
@ Bitman
As you state those dishes look good on paper, I personally would not touch Hollstar with a barge pole (had trouble with them over 2 years ago but finally got my money back after 4 months) but management might have changed by now.
Whatever you decide to get do not be surprised at the high shipping costs.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Bitman said:
(...no, I don't mean bigosz :) )

After much discussion elsewhere about our various experiences (special thanks to Corrigap and JVT), it looks as though I need a 180cm dish.
The general consensus seems to be that the Channel Master is best, but it's expensive and not readily available at present.

As an alternative, some of the products retailed by Polish company Hollex (trading in the UK as Hollstar) have been suggested.
In particular, a 185cm aluminium dish made by Mabo and a plastic one which seems identical to the one by Laminas look good on paper.

I can't find any information about the quality of these on any of the forums.
Does anyone out there have any experience of these products or the dealer?
Don't you think the gain figures for the Mabo dishes are a bit exaggerated?