Political Correctness - ?Incorrectness !!!

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
The computer term "master/slave," seen as racially offensive speech, was named the most politically incorrect term of the year by CNN !!!!

In the UK we now have :
Baa Baa Black Sheep , but must be followed by new version Baa Baa White Sheep. (honestly)
We no longer have Blackboards in school, we have "chalkboards" or "interactive media board"
Can no longer order a Black Coffee - usually called an Americano now.

And - wait for it - because this is nothing until you start the controversy on Blackberries & Blackcurrants which are now universally referred to as "Fruits of the Forest"

:confused :confused :confused Marts

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Marts said:
The computer term "master/slave," seen as racially offensive speech, was named the most politically incorrect term of the year by CNN !!!!

Well unfortunately Marts, the lunatics are now running the asylum and battling to see who can be the most politically correct, no matter how absurd they may be.

There are increasingly more ridiculous examples materialising every day and it concerns me, I guess many others as well.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
And the Red Cross, for the first time in it's history, will not include any reference to the baby Jesus on it's Xmas cards - oooops - almost used the term CHRISTmas cards ;)

Marts :)

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Well I'm fu**ed, I drink black tea, bo****ks to all this c**p. Excuse my language but a spade is a spade in my eyes and I will not call it a manual digging instrument({})

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The worlds gone mad...

You can now get positive racism

Take to MOBOs (Music of Black Origin) try the reverse and watch the complains flood it!

And I'm black!

(only kidding)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well all I have to say....this is all because of those wierd kids back in our school days who were sh*t scared of bullys or themselves risking a smack from teachers for being tossers!

Yes it would seem that these kids that we all took the p*ss out of are now very much getting their own back. Like all of you here I couldn't give a monkey's on how people take me as I am not entered in lifes popularity competition, Yes I do speak as I find and believe in freedom of speech.

So I shall carry on using the word 'Blackboard' etc as these are words that I was raised with and no political do gooder is ever gonna make speak different, why should I change and more to the point who's going to make me?

P.S I really miss collecting the Goliwog badges from marmilade jars don't you?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Oh yeah forgot to mention that I have Affro mates who agree with the marmilade jars too!