Poor channel quality on 2nd TV

Jujoos

Reaction score
I have connected a 2nd TV to the digibox using a coax cable to the RF output. Although the picture on the terrestrial channels is perfectly clear the Sky digital channel is poor and grainy. Is it the coax cable I have used? Do I need a digital coax?

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello JJ

Best guess here is to Fine Tune the channel on your second set which is tuned to the $ky RF frequency.

If that doesn't work, try changing the frequecy.

Do you use RF or SCART for you main TV connection to $ky?

Regards

W. Hole

PS. When you get it working, it is worth getting one of the Magig Eye thingies which will enable you to change stations on the DigiBox from the second room.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Does the power need to switched 'on' in the second RF out? I'm not sure of the answer.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Only if you are using the 'magic eye' device to operate the box from another room.

Regards

W.H.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Jujoos

Reaction score
Thank you for replying.

I'll have a go at Fine Tuning the 2nd TV and see how I go on with that. I'm new to all this so I'm not sure how to "change the frequency".

My main TV is connected to Sky by SCART

Regards

Jujoos
w hole said:
Hello JJ

Best guess here is to Fine Tune the channel on your second set which is tuned to the $ky RF frequency.

If that doesn't work, try changing the frequecy.

Do you use RF or SCART for you main TV connection to $ky?

Regards

W. Hole

PS. When you get it working, it is worth getting one of the Magig Eye thingies which will enable you to change stations on the DigiBox from the second room.

Batman

Reaction score
Swap the connections over and see where the problem actually is, output/cable/TV