poor video signal

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xsat dtva with an official canal sat card and monoblock.
80 cm dish
My Location
London
I have deleted all my channels and disconnect the lnb and reconnected it, downloaded the channels. , it seems that all channels on port A have 98% reception but on port b it is 40-50% so many channels havent been downloaded. I have a dual lnb on hotbird and astra. I am wondering why i am getting a poor signal. Is the lnb faulty or the dish needs to be realigned?

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Yes sounds like an alignment problem maybe the dead lnb is on wrong sat or position.so yep I would realign it.

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
kalamar said:
Yes sounds like an alignment problem maybe the dead lnb is on wrong sat or position.so yep I would realign it.

ok but i am still getting channels on hotbird and on astra. i have 2 lnbs stuck together and one cable going into them and on the receiver when i did the settings i had to put diseq 1 and diseq 2, i dont know what it means but i have to do it in order to get all the channels, on diseq 1 for astra and hotbird the signal is 98% and and diseq 2 it is 40-50 % , so is it really the dish? some fta channels i was getting now have now completely disappeared

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
DiseqC 1 will normally be Hotbird with most monobloc LNBs (not all), so set it like that and then point your dish at Hotbird, Astra should come along with it on Output 2.

PS, please try and restrict the number of threads you start at one time, it will get very confusing otherwise. Try and deal with one problem/question at a time.

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
rolfw said:
DiseqC 1 will normally be Hotbird with most monobloc LNBs (not all), so set it like that and then point your dish at Hotbird, Astra should come along with it on Output 2.

PS, please try and restrict the number of threads you start at one time, it will get very confusing otherwise. Try and deal with one problem/question at a time.

i have set up astra and hotbird on 1 and 2 together, still i dont get astra and hotbird channels from the output 1 but i get the channels from output 2. may be lnb is faulty?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you set Hotbird as output 1 and Astra as output 2?

You will only get 1 (one) satellite per output.;)

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
rolfw said:

sorry to drive you mad for this, but surely if i get 70-90 % of channels on hot bird and Astra for output 1 and only 40% for output 2 ( no channels) i cant set what difference it would make if i set up the receiver to antenna 1 output 1 and 1 to astra and antenna 2 to hotbird output 2 and 2. ( on my reciever it is called port a and port :cool:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You are missing the point, you cannot have two satellites on one port, it will only see one satellite position per side of the LNB, see my diagram below.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rolfw said:
You are missing the point, you cannot have two satellites on one port, it will only see one satellite position per side of the LNB, see my diagram below.

Blimey, if I knew you could draw, I would have got you to do the plans for my extension :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well if I'd known you were having one, I'd have offered. :D

Below is the plan I drew up for my Auntie Betty, it was for a new kitchen and dining hall on her grade one listed house, note the use of reclaimed asbestos on the roof to blend in. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I thiought only pop stars and overpaid footballers ruined their mansions with vulgar extensions :-doh!

Llew