Portable TV recommendations please

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
My daughter has asked for a portable TV for her Birthday/Chrimbo present to put in their bedroom.

As analogue will be finishing in our area in the next 3 - 4 years I want to get one with an Integrated Digital tuner. Is such a thing available at portable TV (14") size?

Next, as nearly all the progarmmes are in widescreen I suppose that it would be a good idea to get a W/S portable instead of a normal one. Presumably if such a beast exists it would be something like 16" or 17" to get the same vertical height.

Any recommendations?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Never seen such a beast - but I bet if I do it'll be expensive!

I would get a portable with built in DVD player - largest (normal) screen that could be classed as a portable - then a cheap (small) Freeview box.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I haven't seen any around with digital tuners, not many widescreen CRTs either of that sort of size.

If she has a PC, why not a flat screen monitor and DVB PC card?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Thanks chaps. I saw a Sony widescreen portable a few years ago but it was analogue. Maybe I should do a search of the Sony site but frankly I'd rather get almost anything than Sony.

Computer sits downstairs and I'm not sure that it would have enough grunt to run a TV card. Anyway it's supposed to be portable!

The search goes on...