portuguese channels.

wudhus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skyplus
My Location
england
does anybody know if you can tune a sky box into channels from portugal or spain. we already have one brazilian channel (830). my wife is from brazil and would love to be able to get more channels in her native tongue.

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
Unless your wife speaks Spanish, channels from Spain would be of no use.

If you get a dish and point it at 30W you can get many portuguese channels including the Brazilian channel TV Globo, but they're encrypted in Nagravision as part of the TV Cabo package, which is currently in the middle of a card swap and is moving to Nagra2, which may or may not be hackable, depending on which ROM version they use.

However, you're gonna need a new dish and receiver, and unless you pay a fortune for an official card, there's no guarrantee it will be open in the New Year.

I also married a brasileira, so give me a pm if you want more details about what you need.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Afraid not wudhus, you will only be able to receive what is on the Astra 28.2 group of satellites and as far as I know there is nothing else there in Spanish, apart from Euronews. You could point a dish at Hispasat 30 West and get yourself a free to air receiver, but even then, there isn't much FTA that is worth watching. :)

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
rolfw said:
Afraid not wudhus, you will only be able to receive what is on the Astra 28.2 group of satellites and as far as I know there is nothing else there in Spanish, apart from Euronews.

Spanish channels are no good anyway, because Brazilians speak Brazilian Portuguese!!

As I said earlier, the only real option is to get a dish pointed at 30W where there are some portuguese channels, but my experience is that they are mostly encrypted. Looking on lyngsat, the only FTA Portuguese channels are Manasat, Gigashopping, EuroNews, and Record (which you have on Sky already)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I fully appreciate that _stu_, but the thread starter does actually ask about Portuguese channels and Spanish channels, so perhaps his wife, like many South Americans speaks both.