Portuguese TV-Help Please

benfica1970

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent
Hi, Rtpi is finishing transmission in the next few weeks on analogue Hotbird 2, it's started transmitting already on Hotbird 4, em Banda Ku, digital 13°E
Frequency: 10722,88 MHz
Polarization: Horizontal
FEC: 3/4
Symbol Rate: 29.9 Ms/s
The thing is what system will I need as I haven't got a clue and around how much will it cost?

Thanks
Obrigado

Jane

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi Jane
I don't think it has started transmisson yet, but when it does, assuming it will still be free to air on hotbird you will just need a digital fta satellite receiver, which you should be able to get for around £100 or less, and if your current dish has a universal lnb, you should be ok.
Hope this helps
prof

benfica1970

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent
Hi Thanks Prof for your info my current dish is analogue does that help you at all as I dont really understand these terms!

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK

benfica1970

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent
Ola Zansi! I have already seen that whats written on RTP, at the mo I am still on analogue, i am asking what kind of system will I need and can I keep the dish I have outside already an 80cm one or will it all have to be new! sorry for soo o many questions but I dont really understand.

Cumprimentos ;)

Jane

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
You need a digital receiver a FTA version is OK for RTP, but why not get one with CI slot then you can "experiment" with other channels?

Your dish should be OK, but may need to change the LNB to a Universal (needed for digital)

Get a copy of "what satellite" from your newsagent, look through for the best prices.

A FTV digital should be available for less than £100 or a CI digital for not much more.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The chances are the dish can be moved 6 degrees left to the new satellite, but a small chance something might be in the way to interfere with it.

See if theres anything likely to foul the new position (wall, tree, gutter) before parting with the cash

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Jane
It depends how long you have had your dish, if your lucky you might already have a universal lnb on the dish which is suitable for both analogue and digital

benfica1970

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent
Hi Prof the dish is the best part of 9 years old so maybe will not have a universal Inb.
Thanks for the help, no doubt I will be in contact again soon to let you know how I go on.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A new LNB should only cost about £30.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at www.sateuropa.co.uk one of our sponsors, they have a couple of very reasonable CI receivers in their list.