position of dish for sky

bigrandydavid

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
My Location
elliots butchers
Usually, i just move the dish something like in the right place then fine tune it by looking at the telly through a bedroom window until the picture is clear. This is a highly recommended way to fall off a ladder and break your leg so could somebody please tell me how to correctly position the dish? i`m moving house next week. i think you connect a multi meter somewhere? then get a voltage of 10v????

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What I'd be more inclined to do BRD, is to borrow an extension lead, buy a long piece of coax and borrow a portable TV, place the TV outside at the bottom of the ladder and do it that way. I am not a proponent of sticking volt meter probes into sensitive electronic devices (unless of course you know where to stick them) and as far as I know there is nowhere to do it at the LNb end.

There is always the chance of borrowing a sat beeper type meter or perhaps even buying one, they are seldom more than £20 and can be found more cheaply.

Rolf

dishdoctor

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Wee Willie Winky went round looking in ladies bedrooms,and look what happened to him!.He kept one hand on his equipment,while up a ladder.His case comes up on Tuesday............Brian

bigrandydavid

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
My Location
elliots butchers
one handed ladder climbing is a very dangerous sport, regardless of whats in your other hand!!
i remember my old analogue sky system that i tuned in using this method. i had the receiver tuned in to sky news whilst looking thru the upstairs bedroom and thought i`d got a signal so went back in the house. unfortunately, i was pointing at the wrong satellite which, by a complete fluke had an italian channel broadcasting on the same frequency. I spent two hours scratching my head thinking the dish was knackered before i realised what i`d done.
`course that was when i had no idea what i was doing.....where as these days..!?!
:p

bigrandydavid

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
My Location
elliots butchers
i still have no idea what i`m doing and it takes me longer to mess it up

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
BRD, activate your personal Mail and PM me, i may be able to offer some help

Rolf