positive and negative positioner

katebe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiclass
My Location
tangier
I am trying to mount a satellite dish, and when I get a wired the engine, I'm stuck, because I do not know or put cables in the proper places, let me explain:
In the engine, there are 4 places to secure the cable to 4 wire: two for power (motor), and two for direction (Sensor), words Sensor and motor are engraved in plate, so we know both (see photo).
But the problem is: where is the positive and negative supply for the engine, knowing that in the positioner DIGICLASS Vbox-II, it is already stated in the sheets (Motor+ | Motor- | Sensor- | Sensor+).

and thank you in advance

Attachments

• Photo058.jpg
    Photo058.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 28

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Motor connections are the red terminals. The motor will run in either direction depending on +/- connection.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
When you set one of the motor's limits in your receiver (usually east), check that the dish is indeed moving east. You can't always rely on the motor connections to be correct. If moving west, swop the motor wires at the receiver.

Llew

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Llew said:
When you set one of the motor's limits in your receiver (usually east), check that the dish is indeed moving east. You can't always rely on the motor connections to be correct. If moving west, swop the motor wires at the receiver.

Llew

It's nice to know that good old "suck it and see practices" still survive! :)

katebe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiclass
My Location
tangier
hello and thank you for your responses.

for the first response:
Motor connections are the red terminals. The motor will run in either direction depending on +/- connection.

yes, the power wire is red, is already writing in the box, so no problem if I accidentally reversed the power wire?.

for the second response

I've heard that, not to be limited for the purposes of engine, it must fix the engine in East, I have a question:
how to fix the engine?

thank you in advance.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
katebe said:
I've heard that, not to be limited for the purposes of engine, it must fix the engine in East, I have a question:
how to fix the engine?

thank you in advance.

Depends on your positioner (don't know your V-box). It's usually the first step you must take when you initially set up your dish motor.