Possible receiver fault - please help

davelef

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TU-DSB30
My Location
Guernsey, CI
I have today tried to install a 2nd hand Panasonic TU-DSB30 receiver with no success. I am using an old dish & LNB that I know is OK for analogue reception. Having aligned the dish with satfinder I was very confused that signal strength was showing about 75% but signal quality only about 20% with lock indicator OK and both Network ID and Transport Stream showing 0000. Having looked at various websites I tried testing signals using manual tuning. The system was fine at finding low band horizontal and vertical channels (tried with ITV and Disney) but not high band. I still keep getting a message saying that 'No defualt transponder found'. Does this mean there is a fault with the receiver or could it be I'm doing something else wrong?
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
But you say you are using an old dish and lnb in which case it will not be a wide band lnb. The original lnb's used to require an extender a small device with a switch on the side connected to a scart plug which allowed channels extra 500Mhz greater to be tuned in. You also do not say which satellite the dish is pointing at, and have you tested it with a known working stb? as it sound to me as if you may not be on 28 East

davelef

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TU-DSB30
My Location
Guernsey, CI
Thanks for the reply topper. Is there any way of telling if I need one of these extender devices? Also the satellite is 28E and I am assuming it is aligned OK as I have manually tuned and received a signal for Disney and ITV (though can't actual watch any channels even once tuned in!) What is a 'stb' by the way?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

The easiest thing to start with would be to change the LNB for a Universal one, that can cover both high and low bands.

(stb= set top box)

So what Topper is suggesting is to try another satelite receiver on your dish. You could of course, if possible, try your sky digibox on another dish that is aligned to 28.2E, to see if the receiver works OK.

Robbo:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
davelef said:
Also the satellite is 28E and I am assuming it is aligned OK as I have manually tuned and received a signal for Disney and ITV (though can't actual watch any channels even once tuned in!)

Sorry that statement does not compute
How do you know they are tuned in if you cannot watch them?