Possible to receive these channels/frequency in Saudi - Riyadh?

murtaza

Reaction score
Hotbird 3 13East

12341 V - 27500 ¾
Sky Calcio
Paramount Comedy Italia
Nickelodeon Italia

12418 V - 27500 ¾
RaiSat Extra
RaiSat Premium
RaiSat CinemaWorld
RaiSat Ragazzi
RaiSat Gambero Rosso
CNN International Europe (Cable News Network)
Sky Cinema 2
Sky Cinema Classics
Sky Cinema 16/9

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
would't a large prime focus do the job. here in saudi arabia 99% of sat antnnas are prime focus.

murtaza

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Probably not. they are on the super beam:

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/13ehb2-4_popd.html

coverage ends hundreds of miles from Saudi Arabia

Hi M8
Well i am confused a little by this chart on the above link, i do get all the other channels from the HB3, of course minus the above mentioned channels. I performed search on these freq mnaully and auto but no luck?

I can only draw one conclusion, it might be that the above channels are beamed within a specified area?

murtaza

Reaction score
Dr.Roamtic said:
would't a large prime focus do the job. here in saudi arabia 99% of sat antnnas are prime focus.

HI M8

i'm not familiar with these techy terminologies so please explain what do you mean by prime focus antenna? I have a 1.2M dish pointing to HB3, as i said in my eariler message that i get all the HB3 channels minus the above mentioned. By the sound of your mail it appears that you also live in SA, if thats the case then can you please confirm whether you get these channels or not?
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
murtaza said:
Hi M8
Well i am confused a little by this chart on the above link, i do get all the other channels from the HB3, of course minus the above mentioned channels. I performed search on these freq mnaully and auto but no luck?

I can only draw one conclusion, it might be that the above channels are beamed within a specified area?

Correct - there are 2 beams in use - one on a wide beam whish covers into the middle east, and a superbeam which covers Europe. The frequencies you want are on the European superbeam

cuteboy1

Reaction score
A friend of mine has tried with a 3.2 M dish still no luck so far :(

murtaza

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Correct - there are 2 beams in use - one on a wide beam whish covers into the middle east, and a superbeam which covers Europe. The frequencies you want are on the European superbeam

Thanks m8 for saving me changing the dish, LNBs etc
icon14.gif

Wish new that b4 i invested in the Dragon Cam
icon8.gif
, anyway is there any other sat which beams these channels in this part of the world
icon5.gif
Just trying to utilise my investment!
Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
murtaza said:
Anyway is there any other sat which beams these channels in this part of the world
icon5.gif
Just trying to utilise my investment!
Cheers

Dont think so - they are for the Italian market, and so are on a European sat. There wouldnt be much point them transmitting to the middle east or further round.

murtaza

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Dont think so - they are for the Italian market, and so are on a European sat. There wouldnt be much point them transmitting to the middle east or further round.

I see the logic to this but then you get all the Rai and Canale 5 etc (italian channels) on the very same sat? I know they are FTA but they are pure italian channels (no english) and yet they are available here, for who may i sak?
Anyway do you know a site where you can get that kind of info i,e which channels is beamed in which country? I tried lyngsat but did not find that kind of info there?
Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah - but they happen to be available to you by happy accident -
because of the footprint of the bird
The lyngsat site will tell you which sats are likely to be available - click on the footprint link in the right hand column.

murtaza

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Ah - but they happen to be available to you by happy accident -
because of the footprint of the bird
The lyngsat site will tell you which sats are likely to be available - click on the footprint link in the right hand column.
Wish that happy accident was done to remaining channels too,

The lyngsat site will tell you which sats are likely to be available - click on the footprint link in the right hand column.[/QUOTE]

I made the very same mistake that i looked at the footprint and saw that HB3 is available in this reagion, so would the channels, but as you know i did not know that there were two beams and channel availability depends on the type of beam? So M8 million dollor question is how do you know/check that beam info?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
A link to the specific beam used by any given transponder is listed in one of the right-hand columns on Lyngsat. Click for map.

STICK

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

murtaza

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
You have to know how to use the charts properly. the links on the HB3 page:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hb3.html

actually take you to the same page

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/13ehb2-4_popd.html

BUT that page contains 2 maps. One has "widebeam" written on it, one has "superbeam", and you change the maps by clicking on either of the tiny maps at the bottom of the page.

No w you know for next time :).

Thanks m8 for your help, and perhaps for a education lessson, something i wont forget for a while
icon7.gif

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No problem :) Different sites use different ways of displaying their information, but you jusat need to try and make sure you are looking at the right map for the frequencies you are interested in.