Power Draw From Jaeger 1224 Motor ?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you could probably get away with using 4 core mains cable if its going to be in a weather proof casing.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
@moonbase: Well, it depends upon whether it is a real problem or not ...........

eg I fitted an 8.5Kw Electric Shower last year: I sized the cable using BS7671 (IEE Wiring Regs) tables governing not just the maximum current, but also the duty cycle (how much and how often it would be passing that current) and the nature of any insulating materials (walls, timber, rockwool) etc. that it might pass through or be covered by.

The cable gets vaguely warm to the touch (Outer insulation!) after 5 minutes use.

That is not a problem.

And that's after following closely worked and well-understood guidance - in your case, the voltage and the risks are rather less and the consequence of occasionally warm cables (not hot!) is not likely to be significant and the selection of cable size can be less scientific - BUT following the Motor Manufacturer's advice is a good idea. What does that say?

@wod: Yes, a lightweight "mains" cable would be fine, subject to environmental conditions.

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
Hi there, I agree that your cable looks like an alarm/communications cable and is not really suitable for what you want. Ideally you want a 0.75mm 4 core pvc flexible cable (stranded core) rated at 6amps. This would be more than suitable except when the cable run is very long (30m+) then due to the increased resistance I would suggest that you go for 1.0mm, rated at 10amps. Black rather than white because black cables are uv rated for external use (my local wholesaler, who I trust, informed me so a while ago). These will be ok outside, they can be clipped/cable tied to surfaces but if going on/underground then encase in a protective conduit. Your local? electrical wholesaler should be able to provide with all that you need/advice. :)

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi moonbase i have used the jaeger 1224 for quite a few years i am using ordinary 3 core lighting flex and had no trouble with it.