PowerVu Receiver with only video out....?

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
I have a Satellite Atlanta satellite receiver but it only has video out - no RF/UHF out...........

Is there anyway of sending this signal upstairs to an amp (this feedback my bedrooms)???

Currently I have a Freeview box and a different satellite box and they are looped together - then the RF Out on Freeview box gets fed upstairs......but if this new satellite receiver only has video out what are the options??

Any advice would be appreciated. One other thing - the signal from the new satellite receiver would also need to be sent to the tv in living room (no scart on it either) so I am guessing the video out signal would need to be split in some way??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could modulate the video and audio signal, many members simply use a defunct VCR, but you can buy an RF modulator for around £30.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nickbrace said:
I have a Satellite Atlanta satellite receiver but it only has video out - no RF/UHF out...........

Is there anyway of sending this signal upstairs to an amp (this feedback my bedrooms)???

Currently I have a Freeview box and a different satellite box and they are looped together - then the RF Out on Freeview box gets fed upstairs......but if this new satellite receiver only has video out what are the options??

Any advice would be appreciated. One other thing - the signal from the new satellite receiver would also need to be sent to the tv in living room (no scart on it either) so I am guessing the video out signal would need to be split in some way??

As a matter of interest, what are you expecting to see with it??

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
I will be expecting to see channels coming through with an NTSC signal.....think that says it all.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Would love to know myself as well, declined one last year because of the encryption factor.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nickbrace said:
I will be expecting to see channels coming through with an NTSC signal.....think that says it all.

Hope its authorised for you or you wont be seeing anything.O-Ha

R

Rd100

i think nick brought a AFN authorised SA d9234 few weeks back because he loves us sport like i do:cool:

Most uk tvs only do ntsc via svhs or scart socket with ntsc most wont do it via ntsc via rf

but i wonder how long his afn service with stay active fo i dont think very long due to afn do a audit every six months

Analoguesat said:

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
Analoguesat said:

Oh yeh - I never thought of that, :D

On a serious note I have done many weeks of research of PowerVu receivers and am fully aware it needs to be active, otherwise I would be stuffed.

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
Analoguesat said:
Well done in finding a live one :D

Thanks buddy, only took me 6 months, 'O'-red

I have never had to go to so much trouble for anything in my life - if you do a google/yahoo or other and search the words AFN Receiver you will find my adverts all over the web :D

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
nickbrace said:
Oh yeh - I never thought of that, :D

On a serious note I have done many weeks of research of PowerVu receivers and am fully aware it needs to be active, otherwise I would be stuffed.

Fair play to you Nick....Now we can send all those enquires to you from people who want to get PV receivers. Was only interested myself for the racing on 5e.

R

Rd100

nick how come you are selling your orbit receiver on ebay and how do you find the sport on AFN networks?

Also where did you buy it from, there was one active one that was on sale on ebay a few weeks ago that was made from a cloned chip dump

nickbrace said:
Thanks buddy, only took me 6 months, 'O'-red

I have never had to go to so much trouble for anything in my life - if you do a google/yahoo or other and search the words AFN Receiver you will find my adverts all over the web :D

R

Rd100

you can get a legal subscription to some of the sis services on 5'e but it ain't cheap

john_graydon said:
Fair play to you Nick....Now we can send all those enquires to you from people who want to get PV receivers. Was only interested myself for the racing on 5e.

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
Rd100 said:
nick how come you are selling your orbit receiver on ebay and how do you find the sport on AFN networks?

I think I made a huge mistake with Orbit - I bought it cause of Orbit ESPN but its only Sportscenter I watch, as for live sport it sucks really - NASN is far and away the best place for live US Sport in the UK but I got rid of Sky so thats not possible anymore.

R

Rd100

is it the d9234 with the scart outputs or the one with just phono and svhs, if it is you will need a phono or svhs to uhf rf modulator, but your other tv needs to do ntsc via rf most tv's in europe only do ntsv via direct scart or direct svhs

nickbrace said: