Powervu

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Where can I find a PowerVu CAM or Decoder. How does it work for encryption.

Will Freecam2.019 work for PowerVu decording.
:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To my knowledge it is not simply an encryption and it is only possible to watch Powervu channels with a dedicated receiver, although I have heard talk of modifying certain other receivers.

I don't believe that there is a hack available either.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge you need both a dedicated Power Vu reciever and an over the air enabler from the service provider for the decoding of Power Vu.

There are currnetly several attempts to further understand Power vu so far all are unsuccesfull.

Generally it is a secure system for network providers and a vast Majority of the providers also use low power C band for up linking.

There are many recievers that can be purchased including, both professional rack mounts and normal consumer appearance.

If you check ebay etc you can on occasions pick up a second hand unit- but there still expensive and not of much use.

currently the encryption format is safe and hence it will not work on your freecam 2.019

regards

Old Satellite

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Thanks, Old Satellite guy,

I would like to purchase one Powervu decorder and then purchase a subcription for a package. Is it possible. Do I need to give a serial number or some other number to the service provider ?

Which site can I purchase the decoder.

Thanks again for the help
regards,
Jude

gepeto

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by rolfw
To my knowledge it is not simply an encryption and it is only possible to watch Powervu channels with a dedicated receiver, although I have heard talk of modifying certain other receivers.

I don't believe that there is a hack available either.

Yes, you are right.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The vast majority of Power vu Packages are for cable end distrubution networks only, and consequently are not for single user access . Those packages where this can be purchased are likely to be extremely high.

Which package are you interested in ? and where is your location?
We can then try to advise what is possible.

Regards

Old Satellite

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Originally posted by Old Satellite
The vast majority of Power vu Packages are for cable end distrubution networks only, and consequently are not for single user access . Those packages where this can be purchased are likely to be extremely high.

Which package are you interested in ? and where is your location?
We can then try to advise what is possible.

Regards

Old Satellite

Old Satellite,

I am from India but currently in ME. I have seen the packages for Sony TV which is PowerVu on PAS10. If I go for the decoder here I could subcribe for the package giving the ID of the receiver. Subcription rates in India are very less and many channels in that package. In the ME they are expensive besides which unwanted channels also included in package. I am looking for Sony and AXN. Where can I get a PowerVu decorder cheap.

regards,
Jude

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
There are not any very cheap power Vu decoders due the nature of use.

The best option to track one down is by Ebay,or simlar or if you can not wait untill one is advertised then purchase from SA in the USA.

Are you sure however that Sony will allow you to subscribe ? why not email them and ask them for confimation anyway- as i stated they are normally for cable companies only.

If sony allow indiviudal subscribition they may also be the best option for the reciever as well?

check out the following address for new purchase etc

http://www.planetcomm.com/satcomm/i...power Vu [url]http://www.growl.de/d9234.html

regards

Old Satellite

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Thank you Old Satellite, for the information. I have sent many emails to Sony but they have not yet replied to me.

regards,
Jude

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
To get powervu is a major pain in the ass.

You need a Rx new about $1600US
2nd hand Rx range from $0-1000US

Current std business/consumer model has been the same for years SA-D9234

Every PowerVu box ever made has a unique U/A number (corresponds to an orange tagged chip within the box - activated chips can be changed from box to box :D) and this number is kept in a SciAlt database

To be able to activate a box you need the service provider to send a letter to SciAlt in Canada allowing the authorisation. SA then send a letter back to the provider saying OK. Then your box is activated. Dont hold your breath during this period...

If you happen to have picked up a 2nd hand box and you want to swap providers. This box has to be released from the original provider - involves more letters. If it is not released the box will not be activated to a new provider. Each box can only have one provider.

BTW you can make a switch block to use multiple chips with one box. :D

Generally individuals can not actvate a box only companies.

Other info I found
--------
http://www.growl.de/d9234.html
(has pics + good info)
--------
http://www.vidiot.com/D9234Setup.html
--------
the baud rate is 115200
it also has 2 stop bits 20.0 us
each bit is 8.0 us
it has 10 bits per byte 80.0 us
the first byte is always 9 bits and the first byte of the answer is 9 too is this normal

the computer i tested its byte was 87.0us at 115200 e 8 2.
two stop bits was 18.0us

is there a program to convert bin files from nokia i loged powervu and found my HSN for the chip in powervu box.
if you want to know what your HSN is for your powervu box goto menu find decoder address (ISE) 000-154-1234-2 convert only 1541234 to hex 178472 and you then have your hsn.
-----------

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Originally posted by theslydog
To get powervu is a major pain in the ass.

You need a Rx new about $1600US
2nd hand Rx range from $0-1000US

Thanks for the info. But first I need to get hold of a second hand PowerVu decoder. If that is too difficult then I cannot experiment. My search for PowerVu ends here.

Regards,
Jude
:confused

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
There are tons on ebay sell for around $100US. But usually need a US address as they will not ship internationally.

Need also to be quick to beat the snipers who bid $5 over in the last 2 seconds. Must be a way to do this. Something I will have to look into.

DODO67

Reaction score
somebody know the adress nomber of power vu provedors for the european chanels?

C

ctomer

A lot of the Romanian channels are encrypted with PowerVu. ProTV 5e, Antena1 10e, TVR1 and TVR2, both 16e, are all encrypted in PowerVu. I guess those channels are used for terrestrial feeds.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup - tell him to forget it via satellite. There is NO CHANCE whatsoever of getting an authorised decoder for the service off Telstar as those services are for cable operators.

Thats also the ONLY location where ESPN 2 is carried in the skies above Europe so theres no alternative.

If hes got a decent broadband connection tell him to investigate slingbox hosting.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Maybe this is a really stupid question..

But how come I can hear audio with some PowerVu channels across various satellites?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dvmedia said:
Maybe this is a really stupid question..

But how come I can hear audio with some PowerVu channels across various satellites?

simply because they decide not to encrypt the transmitted audio, you could argue ( and I am sure some overpaid executive does) that is it an enticement to get you to subscribe but well................. we are just mere mortals not executives Humping

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
You can get relatively cheap AFN receiver with active subscription, but there's not too much of interesting stuff on AFN channels...

hellodickie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows PC
My Location
Lancashire
Dear all,

let me introduce myself: I am a spaniard who resides in UK and despite liking british telly very much, I miss the odd spanish things (specially the footy). I have a satt. dish that picks signals from, amongst many others, Hispasat 30.0W. I also have a cheap technomate dek that picks most spanish channels but obviously can't decode (scramble channels), obviously they are scrambled with powervu. About a year ago I got hold of a powervu dek (from Germany!) on *bay...but I can't do anything with it. I've tried all possible combinations od freq, polarizations, symbol speeds,...etc. on my searches, but it does not pick a single thing.
Just a couple of things:
-Powervu does not require a card to work, but my dek has a smartcard slot and in the instructions manual says it is there for "possible future upgrades".
-In spanish forums there has been some chat about the possibility of connecting your dek to a pc and loading it with some keys that can be found on the internet...and apparently it will work then.

Has anybody heard anything of the subject?...

...and,...does anybody know if it is possible to LEGALLY ergister your dek with sciatlanta / powervu and watch your thingy legally? (provided reasonable price is asked for).

Thank you all, I wait for your replies and willing to help (if i can)