GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
:) Hi All,

New user to the DB, can you recommend an easy to use FTP prog to transfer files/keys etc to the DB7000S - am using XP home with modem connection.

Thanks ;) lovelyperson

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I use WS_FTP Pro, pretty easy to use and has many other uses. Not expensive and well worth the price.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
:) Thanks rolfw for the speedy reply to my first post with Satellites co.uk

Will look into the suggestion.

;) lovelyperson

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I did like using the freeware version of AceFTP but as I went to get the link to it, its now shareware, how annoying. Though it always was a nice program i thought.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
rolfw said:
I use WS_FTP Pro, pretty easy to use and has many other uses. Not expensive and well worth the price.
:) Thanks rolfw, have purchased the program as you suggested.
As I understand to transfer files etc, I must make TWO connections, one, my server to FTP prog and the other, Dreambox to FTP prog. I have connected ok Dreambox to WS prog using 192.168.1.2 as the 'Host Name', then 'root' & 'dreambox' for the other fields in the 'Connection/Site Manager' box, can upload all the files FROM the DB ok.
Cannot however secure a connection from my server to the WS prog, having entered, several times and variations, the info from the 'ipconfig/all' listing of MY PC. Am running XP Home - modem.

Have disabled all firewalls/Zone Alarm etc trying to connect.

Have read and re-read the associated prog 'Help' files/forums etc. I am obviously missing something. Could you please kick me in the right direction by showing me a 'dummy' of what you have, naturally altered for this purpose, ie: exactly what info I should be putting in the 'Site Manager box, to secure this connection.

My intention is to tranfer the updated keyfiles to the DB 7000S.

New to this, flashed my first image with null, all working ok, seems pretty stable, at this stage obviously only FTA channels. Then intend to download latest keyfile/unzip, then using FTP prog add these to the original DB upload and transfer back to DB.

Hope I am on the right lines. In the meantime not idle, still reading and trying. Your forums DO warn, it will not be easy at first. They WERE RIGHT!!

Thanks for your aid. ;) lovelyperson

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Wow, I found that really confusing!

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Once you have the FTP connection from your PC to the Dreambox, what else do you want to do?

You don't need anything else to manage the resources on your DB.

You get the files from the Internet onto your PC, then you fiddle about to get the component parts you want, and FTP them to your DB. A little more fiddling on the DB and your done.

Where does the server and the two connections come into it?

STICK

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
BGonaSTICK said:
Wow, I found that really confusing!

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Once you have the FTP connection from your PC to the Dreambox, what else do you want to do?

You don't need anything else to manage the resources on your DB.

You get the files from the Internet onto your PC, then you fiddle about to get the component parts you want, and FTP them to your DB. A little more fiddling on the DB and your done.

Where does the server and the two connections come into it?

STICK
:) BGonaSTICK.
Firstly thanks for making the effort to reply to an obviously confused user.Already you are saying that I only need the ONE FTP connection, so its up to me, as you say, to 'fiddle about'.

Apologies for my misunderstanding of the FTP requirements re: your comment
'Where does the server and the two connections come into it?'

Basically it seems I am there but have to learn how to FTP the files back over to the DB then activate them. Have downloaded the latest scce files, erased the old, inserted the new and placed in 'var' folder. The files that the DB UPLOADS to the FTP prog seem ok but I don't seem able to activate them. Using the latest PP image the DB menu/Keyupdate/Keyfile Viewer/Newcamd (and ALL of them for that matter) show 'WARNING This keys files is not established'.

Think I am NOT understanding the use of the FTP prog. Will start from scratch.

Seriously, thanks for the reply I will try again, you HAVE helped a lot believe me.

Have a good weekend :) lovelyperson

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you upload the new files, you need to right click on them and change the properties to 755, then using the reboot option in the DB menu, reboot the box and the keys should be operative.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
I use WS_FTP program too.Have you let it run through the tutorial on there website ? This will show you step by step how to transfer files.

http://www.ipswitch.com/support/WS_FTP/index.asp

Basically once you are connected to the dreambox you just find the file you want in the left hand window (pc) and then click the green arrow to send to the dreambox.You should see a transfer window underneath that tells you if it worked ok

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
rolfw said:
When you upload the new files, you need to right click on them and change the properties to 755, then using the reboot option in the DB menu, reboot the box and the keys should be operative.
:) Apologies for the delay in response, slight domestic emergency.

Basically all sorted now thank you. Usual thing, listen to them that know and read/practice.

Again thanks, your patience has been my gain.

A more cheerful ;) lovelyperson

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
[God was thinking of getting one of these DB, Good to see all the help you are after getting, hope I will be able to do the same. At least i will be able to read over your posts, and will be able to understand when i have the box in front of me. john.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
We'll be here... :)