4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Hi folks i wondered if it was possible to get a German Premiere subscription in Britain, i have been on the official site www.premiere.de but because can,t "sprechen de deutche" it was not a lot of use,i assume thier packages of 19,99 & 29,99 euros include the reciever,card etc, is it possible to get a package just purchasing the card, and would the card work in a techno 1500ci+??
with the threat of Nag 3 coming i would really like to keep my footy without paying Rupert Murdoch any money (god forbid!) :-Nooo your assistance much appreciated

Regards Dave :-worship:-worship

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
IS ANY BODY OUT THERE!!!!!

Dave

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hi m8. Im pretty new to the sat scene but I am sure there are suppliers out there who will sell you a card only. For the price of a few months subs you could go down the Linux route and watch a lot more footy from all the other birds, particularly at Thor 1West. My m8 has the same receiver as you (patched) and he can watch loads of Football.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
tomthebomb1968 said:
Hi m8. Im pretty new to the sat scene but I am sure there are suppliers out there who will sell you a card only. For the price of a few months subs you could go down the Linux route and watch a lot more footy from all the other birds, particularly at Thor 1West. My m8 has the same receiver as you (patched) and he can watch loads of Football.

Thank you tomthebomb, it looks as if i will have to get technical and look at Linux,

thanks again m8

dave

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
DigitAlb card might be a cheaper option and definitely works in the TM1500. As to where to buy (DigitAlb or Pemiere), perhaps ask any of site sponsors or check ebay.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Digitalb is the cheapest offical card for premiership footy out at the moment.

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
For any of you guys wanting to watch the Champion's League semis with English commentary, Premiere Sport are showing them.
The second audio option is the S*y English commentary...Andy Gray's voice is unmistakeable...therefore you will be watching exactly what S*y viewers are getting!
I watched the Liverpool-Chelsea match last night, and I'd bet we would get the same language option for the Man U-Barca match tonight.
And if you have a patched reciever (the Darkman patch for Technomate, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong!), you won't be paying Mr. Murdoch a single penny. This I like a LOT!
Happy viewing.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
perthkenny said:
For any of you guys wanting to watch the Champion's League semis with English commentary, Premiere Sport are showing them.
The second audio option is the S*y English commentary...Andy Gray's voice is unmistakeable...therefore you will be watching exactly what S*y viewers are getting!
I watched the Liverpool-Chelsea match last night, and I'd bet we would get the same language option for the Man U-Barca match tonight.
And if you have a patched reciever (the Darkman patch for Technomate, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong!), you won't be paying Mr. Murdoch a single penny. This I like a LOT!
Happy viewing.

Thanks m8 i will suss this out

dave

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
Your'e welcome, Dave.
It occurs to me that your 1500ci may be patched already, many are. If you can manual input N*gra keys on it, try the website of satnet.ch
Good luck!
Kenny.

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Italy
Update to the Man U match....the second audio on Premiere Sport is actually in Spanish as it's a "home" at Barca....so the next leg should be English commentary as that's a "home" for Manchester. The picture's fine though! Sorry chaps, no English audio tonight...Come on Man U!

smudgerinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 c/w Fracarro Penta 85 motorised dish range from 4 deg W to 30 deg E
My Location
SCOTLAND
4dbennett said:
Hi folks i wondered if it was possible to get a German Premiere subscription in Britain, i have been on the official site www.premiere.de but because can,t "sprechen de deutche" it was not a lot of use,i assume thier packages of 19,99 & 29,99 euros include the reciever,card etc, is it possible to get a package just purchasing the card, and would the card work in a techno 1500ci+??
with the threat of Nag 3 coming i would really like to keep my footy without paying Rupert Murdoch any money (god forbid!) :-Nooo your assistance much appreciated

Regards Dave :-worship:-worship

i've got a dreambox 500,which is a linux reciever , i've set mine up to get free premiere and polsat
with premiere you press the green button and get the choice of loads of football from germany,spain,uk eufa,etc

and you get films too , a really good variety

you can press the audio button for english audio on nearly all films and most english football

the linux section on here is the place to find out about dreambox, it's basically a reciever with a processor, so you can set it up to your router,and enter the channel keys by computer keyboard in stead of using card

there are websites with key details

it's a bit of a challenge to set up, but good fun if you like a challenge ,and well worth it in the end, great satisfaction to get these channels free

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Thanks kenny & Smudgerinho excellent info, i,m looking at dreambox at the moment,

Regards dave

smudgerinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 c/w Fracarro Penta 85 motorised dish range from 4 deg W to 30 deg E
My Location
SCOTLAND
4dbennett said:
Thanks kenny & Smudgerinho excellent info, i,m looking at dreambox at the moment,

Regards dave

the FAQ section on the linux recievers is not bad ,and they have links to some 'how to ' up guides tht are pretty good as well

the satandream website and forum is great also for dreambox files and general help

you're welcome to send me a PM for some help if you decide to go down that road

good luck;)

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Italy
Hey Guys
Well I watched the Man U second leg with Scholesies BRILLIANT strike, and subsequent win for a place in the final. Sadly the second audio was Spanish again, Premiere must have contracted to take coverage for both legs from a Spanish broadcaster.
I also watched Chelsea Liverpool, which did have the S*Y English audio, most enjoyable.
I'm looking forward to the Final, but what will be the second audio for that one? Moscow??? Not Russian surely? Don't know what would be worse, German commentary which sounds like someone chewing on a beer glass,(no disrespect to our German friends) or Russian which sounds like Andy Gray speaking backwards!
Hope you get a box sorted in time for the Final, Dave, likewise PM me if you need help, I'll try my best. There's plenty info on Technomate kit on the web. I can say that despite many "newer" models in the range, they are all evolutions of the 1500ci, which is still a very workable model with good unofficial "hobby" support.
The Dreambox also is a great bit of kit, similarly well supported.

Once again, best of luck.

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Italy
Incidentally, Dave, if your'e struggling for time to get sorted for the Champions League and Uefa Finals, your 1500ci will get Premiere with the correct software update (patch), and also French and Polish (Polsat) and Italian pay channels. My mate in London knows well the main importer of Technomate, and I can ask him for advice to help you get your box updated, if you need it.
I have done all this stuff with my Fortec Star box (wouldn't recommend you to buy one, though, as the support after a couple of years is pants!), and can get French, German and Polish pay channels with an excellent range of footy and movies, most with English audio.
Your Techno I understand is quite easy to fix to do this. Why spend money on a new box?
Other considerations are the advent of Nagra3 as you mentioned earlier. No one to my knowledge has cracked it yet. Also the providers are beginning to change to HD. HD capable boxes are still quite expensive at present, but should come down in price as time passes.
Food for thought?

Cheers, K.