Premiere Germany Package on Astra 19.2E

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Here is the detail pages about Premiere Germany Package on Astra 19.2E

Premiere package is the best package that I have evaluated so far because of the quite reasonable entry level requirement.
At 9.99 Euro a month for any of the 7 options, this is a revolutionary way to get subscribers the best value for their money.
No more Basic Package full of channels that one doesn't need to watch just to be able to get to the more exciting options.
Wish that other packages would adapt this method to make subscribers a lot happier about their monthly expendeture on TV viewing.
Apart from the 7 options, there are other options which are also quite exciting.
They also have Premiere Flex without the need for monthly subscribtion.
You buy 25, 50 or 75 Euro worth of viewing and you can choose whatever you want to watch until the money runs out.

Premiere is very popular because of the excellent sports channels and the high quality of channels.
The films in the Blockbuster option have a dual sound system so that one can choose the original sound (for example English, Spanish, etc) instead of the dubbed German sound.

[iframe]http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/premiere1.htm[/iframe]

Here is the Channels List:

[iframe]http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/premiere2.htm[/iframe]

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Great work HB13DISH!:)

I also think that the Premiere package is one of the best around in terms of pricing, channel choice, quality of programs & movies, and a great image quality & sound!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
May I add that I have been watching a lot of PL football on Premiere, obviously with English audio, excellent. They did improve though, Premiere was not always known to have a good value fo money.

P.S. As with most of the German TV (FTA or Premiere) the EPG is much better than anything I eve seen, they usually show a few days in advance. That makes it very easy to program the timer for a recording.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
T_G said:
May I add that I have been watching a lot of PL football on Premiere, obviously with English audio, excellent. They did improve though, Premiere was not always known to have a good value fo money.

P.S. As with most of the German TV (FTA or Premiere) the EPG is much better than anything I eve seen, they usually show a few days in advance. That makes it very easy to program the timer for a recording.

Thanks T_G for your input.
I suppose that it is part of the evolution to try to improve all the time instead of staying still for too long and maybe there is a lot of competition in Germany from cables.
If you have any connections with Premiere (subscription contacts ?), please give them my compliments for setting up a new standard in pay TV.
My dream package is to have a list of channels with a reasonable price tag for each one and the potential subscriber can tick which one he wants.
He would be allowed to make changes on a monthly basis.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I think that if you live anywhere in Europe and that includes us we should all be able to buy any package from any broadcaster. So if I wanted Sky Italy rather than UK I should be able to get it

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Milkybarkid said:
I think that if you live anywhere in Europe and that includes us we should all be able to buy any package from any broadcaster. So if I wanted Sky Italy rather than UK I should be able to get it

I am afraid that it doesn't work that way because of all kind of copyright regulations.
Looking back many years ago, it might have been Sky that was first to not let neighbouring countries enjoy watching the channels shown in Britain. Even today it doesn't care about citizens living abroad.

Now almost every country has it's own satellite package which it can only sell it officially inside the specific country and some countries like Switzerland make it possible to it's nationals to receive the package abroad.

Perhaps if Europe becomes united, then this might be possible.
In the USA there is no such thing that a New Yorker can't watch the channels that his friend in California can.
On the other hand, they don't have the variety and different cultures and languages that exist in European countries.
If you really want Sky Italia, you can have it but you will have to pay a lot of money for shops that give you a subscription based on an address in Italy. A modern type of a black market.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Well to be perfectly honest there is nothing on Tv I'd pay to watch but I just gave Sky Italia as an example.

garretthen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NOT SURE YET
My Location
co fermanagh
Anyone know if premiere intend to start showing more than one 3 pm on a saturday? they started off the season with a choice of two but then cut down to one.

kiiri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have hyro 4000 ca and fujitsu siemens with windows xp
My Location
sweden
premiere is the best. You can find everything that you want in this package.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
What does it cost to rent/buy thier receiver or would a card work on technomate say???

regards dave

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
4dbennett said:
What does it cost to rent/buy thier receiver or would a card work on technomate say???

regards dave

I doubt if it would be possible to rent/buy their receiver outside Germany.
If you buy a card NOW, then you might take a risk that it will not work when they switch on the new encryption system (NDS?) and switch off the current Nagra.
My advice is to wait few more months until the new cards are available outside Germany (or if you happen to have really good friends in Germany, then they might be able to help you)
With NDS, they might marry the card to their box so the Technomate might not open a legitimate NDS card.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
HB13DISH said:
I doubt if it would be possible to rent/buy their receiver outside Germany.
If you buy a card NOW, then you might take a risk that it will not work when they switch on the new encryption system (NDS?) and switch off the current Nagra.
My advice is to wait few more months until the new cards are available outside Germany (or if you happen to have really good friends in Germany, then they might be able to help you)
With NDS, they might marry the card to their box so the Technomate might not open a legitimate NDS card.

Thank you HB13DISH, i guess i,ll wait a few months!!

regards dave

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Checked the Premiere website and they have changed the subscription rates and the options. Not sure when this was done, but the cost now is not as attractive as it was reported only few months ago.

There are now the following major 4 options, each costing 19.99 Euro/month for a 2-year contract

- Sport
-Fussball Bundisliga
-Film
-Familie

If a subscriber choses all the four options, they call it 4-er paket and the cost is 44.99 Euro/month for 2-year contract or 49.99 Euro/month for 1-year contract.

In addition, there are few more options:

-Star at 19.99 Euro/month
- HDTV at 19.99 Euro/month
- Kinder (Children) 6.99 Euro/month
- Goldstar 3.99 Euro/month
- TV Digital 3.79 Euro/month

For more info on each option, click the info icon.
If a subscriber has the 4-er paket, then he gets Goldstar and TV Digital for free and Star and HDTV cost only 10.00 Euro/month and children still at 6.99 Euro/month.
Subscribing to all the above options cost 71.98 Euro/month.
Purchasing a reeiver:
A simple receiver costs 1 euro
Receiver with HDD cost 249 Euro
Receiver for HD cost 99 Euro

Or rent it for few euros/months.

The configurator page is here, if you want to play around to see for yourself how this thing works.
_http://www.premiere.de/premweb/cms/de/abos_start.jsp
Click on Abo-Konfigurator

A bit disappointing, but still highly flexible and a good value for money, especially since you can almost choose any one of the options listed above.
There is no need for a useless Basic Package with many channels that you don't need.

spongebob1904

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 19.2+Astra 28.2
Astra 28.5+Hotbird 13.0 + Thor///

D-Box2 Linux KW Image Multicam Sat/
D-Box2 Linux GLJ Cable/
Humax HD 1000s Diablo/
Humax 5400 ;-)/
Humax 5900 T-Rex/

some cards....
My Location
Germany
In Germany you can still close a contract including the two sports options for 20 Euros!

That means:
All German Premiere and second league matches,
All CL matches and all national cup matches!
Most of the english and spanish top matches,
Formula one races and a lot of international sport...

You have to close the contract for 24 months but you can get a receiver
(NDS) for 1,- Euro

Have a Look (Saturday): _http://www.premiere.de/premweb/cms/de/programm_tv-guide_programmuebersicht.jsp?selectedStationId=11&mode=detail&mychannels=false

and you can see all Bundesliga matches live on "Premiere Bundesliga"

Markus

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hi from Italy
:)

are the movies newer that sky UK.
i have sky UK here in Italy and the German and TV looks very good.
what is the cost of the box??
if the power goes out will the box turn back on or will it stay in the stand by mode??

i don't watch sports but movies i do.
thanks
Ralph
PS the axn channel on 23 degree part of the kabel deutschland looks good as well have any information
thanks for your time
Ralph

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ralphmagno said:
hi from Italy
:)

are the movies newer that sky UK.
i have sky UK here in Italy and the German and TV looks very good.
what is the cost of the box??
if the power goes out will the box turn back on or will it stay in the stand by mode??

i don't watch sports but movies i do.
thanks
Ralph
PS the axn channel on 23 degree part of the kabel deutschland looks good as well have any information
thanks for your time
Ralph

You can check the movies schedule from their website and see for yourself if they are newer or just the same.
You can't buy a box (receiver) outside Germany, but you might be able to buy the smartcard from a certain shop in Italy and insert it in a suitable receiver.
As for the power cut, how does your receiver behaves?
You can always use a UPS if this is critical.
Just be warned that Premiere is changing their encryption soon, so you would better wait for a while until the transition period subsides.
There is a cheap way to test the Premiere channels and it is called
Premiere Flex
_http://www.premiere.de/premweb/cms/de/abosundangebote_premiereflex_start.jsp
You buy a card for 25, 50 or 75 Euro and use it until the money runs out.
You can order it from hm-sat
_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/suchenneu.php
I don't know how this thing works and if it is a smartcard or whether you need a special receiver to go with it.
Perhaps one of our German members can give us more details.

BlueBronco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+,
Sky Sports
Setanta Sports
My Location
UK
Hi All,

I currently have a Sky Sports and Setanta package in the UK. I'm really interested in the Bundesliga and have been looking at Premiere channels.

If I can get hold of the current viewing card (I believe there are a few options available at the moment?) could anyone advise what sort of receiver I would need other than buying the Premiere specific one (bearing in mind I'm not a great technical mind when it comes to satellite technology!)? All I know is they've recently changed encryption and obviously I want something that will work with their latest cards! I assume whatever I get will pick up all the FTA German channels too.

Thanks for your help.
Dave

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
My advise to you is to wait until the new cards with the new encryption are available and then check which receivers are suitable.
A Premiere dedicated receiver would be the best option, but it might not be that easy to get hold of one, unless you have a friend in Germany who is willing to help you.
Try your luck with German internet shops like hm-sat and others.

BlueBronco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+,
Sky Sports
Setanta Sports
My Location
UK
HB13DISH said:
My advise to you is to wait until the new cards with the new encryption are available and then check which receivers are suitable.
A Premiere dedicated receiver would be the best option, but it might not be that easy to get hold of one, unless you have a friend in Germany who is willing to help you.
Try your luck with German internet shops like hm-sat and others.

Thanks HB13DISH

I'm in no hurry to sort this out but I'm just looking at my options and to ensure I'm not buying something that'll only work for a year!