Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Premiere Star new channels

''Premiere Star'': MTV Music, MTV Entertainment and Nick Premium new channels

Premiere Star, the marketing and distribution platform for third party broadcasters planned by German pay-TV operator Premiere, is taking shape, with the signing of MTV Networks to the service.

The third international broadcaster to join the platform after Turner Broadcasting Systems and NASN, MTV Networks will add pay-TV channels MTV Music, MTV Entertainment and Nick Premium to the platform, due to launch on September 1 via Astra (19.2° East). MTV Music will be available from Premiere Star’s launch, with its sister services to follow in December.

“We are pleased to be able to welcome these strong brands from the MTV Networks family onboard Premiere Star. With Nick Premium and MTV Entertainment we can offer two real channel premieres. For music fans, children and entertainment lovers there are now three more reasons to subscribe to Premiere Star,” said the Munich-based enterprise’s managing director Wolfram Winter.

MTV Music offers current chart hits from all genres around the clock without commercials or other interruptions. MTV Entertainment screens selected MTV shows such as Pimp my Ride, Real World, Viva la Bam and Celebrity Death Match. Each day four hours of rock music clips from the 1960s through till today are shown. Nick Premium offers exclusive TV premieres of new series and other popular formats from the children’s channel Nick (Nickelodeon in the UK) which, in contrast to the free-to-air main network, are screened commercial-free.

Premiere Star will initially offer 13 pay-TV channels for EUR 13 per month to DTH households in Germany and Austria. By year-end the service aims to have expanded to 20 channels.

The target group will initially be existing Premiere subscribers, with all satellite households being addressed in the second stage. The venture is backed by Premiere (90%) and German credit institute HypoVereinsbank (10%).

Regards Satdude.

Rage9

Next Level L1nux
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV
Sky UK HD / Italy HD
My Location
UK
11876 V 27500

Turok

Reaction score