Prepping a dish for painting...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Ok, I'm planning to repaint my Lidl dish cos it sticks out like a sore thumb behind my window, so I need some tips on what preparation I'll need to do before I paint the dish plate & arm, obviously I've removed the BSB logo and the bullet hole stickers and will give it a good wash with soap and water. Do I need to lightly sand the surfaces so the paint get's a good hold on the existing coating or on the bare Aluminium pole or should I just spray it after the cleaning?

Also, any suggestions on colour? :D

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
try a bright colour like yellow as well as attracting attention you might melt the lmb:-rofl2 only joking
theres no point me trying to hide my dish non of the neighbours like it but they have all obviously checked with the law and found that they can,t do anythink about it its mounted on the corner of the house on tk,s nearly clearing the roof line :D (f*ck them )