Presskraft 1.8 m.

korpen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 m. Presskraft dish pointing towards 28.2 degrees south with Invacom quad Lnb.
1 m. noname dish with four lnb's.
Dreambox 7000 and a Kathrein UFS910.
My Location
Stockholm archipelago
Good morning!
I´ve recently been given a Presskraft 1.8 meter prime focus dish and have ordered an Invacom quad for it, I´m just curious if anyone´s got any data on the dish such as gain etc.
I now got a 1.2 m. offset Echostar on the roof without any luck on the verticals on 2D, so I thought I´d give the Presskraft a shot since I´m located in the Stockholm archipelago I would stand a chance on the verticals I hope.
Any input would be much appreciated.

//Korpen

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
No idea on the specific dish you mention or the minimum dish size required in your geographical location for 2D verticals BUT my advice is...Make sure you use the appropriate feedhorn with your 0.3dB invacom LNB.. ;)

korpen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 m. Presskraft dish pointing towards 28.2 degrees south with Invacom quad Lnb.
My Location
Stockholm archipelago
iceman said:
No idea on the specific dish you mention or the minimum dish size required in your geographical location for 2D verticals BUT my advice is...Make sure you use the appropriate feedhorn with your 0.3dB invacom LNB.. ;)

You´re quite right, I´ve managed to get a hold of a feedhorn that matches the holder on the dish fairly accurate. I might have gone for Invacom´s own adjustable one if I´d known the measurements of it.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Presskraft is an excellent dish, sold , many of these during the late 80's.

They were made in Trelleborg.

The feed that was delivered with those dishes was the SMW prime focus feedhorn.

The feedholder was designed to fit the SMW perfectly.

Gain of the dish was in the region of 45dBi at 11.7GHz.

Macab got one of these on their office in Trelleborg also.

korpen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm archipelago
Thank´s for the input Likvid! I took a longshot and called Macab up this morning but they had no info whatsoever, maybe I´ll investigate the Smw route further if I don´t succed with the feedhorn I´ve got.

//Korpen.

korpen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm archipelago
I just wanted to give you some some feedback on my project, I´m now happily recieving everything off 2D, the reception of Itv 2 and 3 could be better but I´m not finished with with the tweaking.
My only problem now is the rather poor reception of Men and Motors, looking at the footprint I should be well in the zone but it´s quite a difference between the 2D and 2A south beam and particularly the M&M transponder. Are there any other Swedes experiencing the same?

//Korpen.