Price of going motorized???

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Hey all...

I have a fixed dish set-up at the minute but really wanna go motorized...

How much should i be looking to pay out to get the professionals in to do it?..As I don't really wanna be ripped off if they 'see me coming' as an easy target because of my lack of satellite knowledge.
I'm in the northwest of England & i currently have an Echostar 3000IP & a 80cm dish with monoblock lnb for 19/13east...i was hoping to buy a decent motor 'thingy' & use this dish or invest in a 1.2 but need to pay someone for this as i can't do it myself.
Also...as there are is only one real satellite shop (that i know of) here in merseyside, if anyone knows whoelse i can try in this area it would be very helpful, cheers.
Thanks in advance.

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
I've been quoted 150 GBP labour to motorize my existing system, by the gentleman who did the original (excellent) installation. On top of that, I'll need an actuator and polar mount (or H-H motor), plus a vbox to drive from my existing decoder (which only supports diseqc). The installer had the foresight to install ribbon cable (coax plus motor drive wires) when he did the original installation (saves going under the floorboards again).

I've seen prices quoted for a motorized install from scratch of around 250 GBP labour; I've also seen an offer where that sort of money includes the parts (bear in mind that a dish, diseqc motor and decoder can be fairly budget).

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Cheers Guiri...

I'm gonna need to pay for the parts too as all i have is for a fixed set-up.
I don't mind budget gear as long as i get my moneys worth (As long it's weatherproof right?) but at least if i know what price range i'm looking at (at cheapest) then i can decide if i want to buy better & pay more if i can afford it...
There a few that do estimates in the Wotsat mag but i did want someone local as i could still pay more for someone outside merseyside even if they have installers in this area, plus the benefits of someone local is after sales service etc, if needed.
Thanks for your reply as it will go some way to estimating how much i may need.