Printer cartridges, when are they actually empty?

Saturlight

My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I have got used to my computers telling me my printer cartridges are empty, and that I should renew it/them, when in fact there's really quite a lot in it/them.

The one in my printer now said, "Cartridge empty, please re-fill now." And that was in January. I am still using it.

Methinks this may be a slight ploy to get us to buy our catridges earlier. :) :eek:

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes it is

But there is a way to fool the system, reset the ink count :)

Just to make it foolproof keep a backup handy :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I usually just ignore the "Ink Cartridge Near Empty!!" warnings until there's literally no ink left to print!!! :D

EDIT:
Oh, and I use an Epson C40 printer which doesn't used microchipped cartridges which makes things easier... :D

Saturlight

My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Same here. Just ignore it till the page goes white. Unless, of course, you're printing a snow storm picture! ;)