• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printer cartridges, when are they actually empty?

Saturlight

My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I have got used to my computers telling me my printer cartridges are empty, and that I should renew it/them, when in fact there's really quite a lot in it/them.

The one in my printer now said, "Cartridge empty, please re-fill now." And that was in January. I am still using it.

Methinks this may be a slight ploy to get us to buy our catridges earlier. :) :eek:

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes it is

But there is a way to fool the system, reset the ink count :)

Just to make it foolproof keep a backup handy :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I usually just ignore the "Ink Cartridge Near Empty!!" warnings until there's literally no ink left to print!!! :D

EDIT:
Oh, and I use an Epson C40 printer which doesn't used microchipped cartridges which makes things easier... :D

Saturlight

My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Same here. Just ignore it till the page goes white. Unless, of course, you're printing a snow storm picture! ;)