Printer Cartridges

russquk

Reaction score
@ channel hopper,which epson printers did you have.
i am currently using a c44ux and a photo 900,no problems so far.
on ebay i can get a black cartridge for £1.75 & colour £2.25 nice!!! also as Channel Hopper says the custom ink refill kits are good value.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
One was a color II, cant recall seeing the other model as I chucked it across the room

Always jamming, chewing corners, and then running out of ink at the worst time

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Just when I thought I had it all narrowed down it all goes wrong, still thats life.
Mind you if I bought an Epson that was not Colour II, or could not fly I should be pretty safe. ;)
Just picked up this little tip from a computer magazine, this women says that to save on black ink to reset the printer to print 80% grey, instead of black.
Reckons it saves her lots of dosh (as well as ink).
Tried it on mine and she could well be right.
Does anyone have an tips for savings on colour print ? O-no

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
After all this time my old ink cartridges have finally given up the ghost and I have finally installed my new ones, but just one problem the ink level indicator has not reset itself.

Does anyone know how to reset them ? O-no

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Might be the start of something good, tiny.com are to slash the cost of branded inkjtet cartridges by almost half.
The big four Epson, H.P, Lexmark and Canon had broadly supported the move, yea I bet they did !

tagura

abb
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 7755
windows xp
My Location
hastings e.sussex
hi every body has any one tried the continuse ink system? not the cheap stuff from ebay as those might damage your printer head. i mean the from king republic or kyson, this i think are much beter alternatives ad save alot of money if you print color photos.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
tagura said:
hi every body has any one tried the continuse ink system? not the cheap stuff from ebay as those might damage your printer head. i mean the from king republic or kyson, this i think are much beter alternatives ad save alot of money if you print color photos.

I've seen them at the local computer fair, but it looks very dubious, all those pipes and tanks and things, if something goes wrong then you'll have a multi-coloured printer or desk!!! :eek: