Printer Cartridges

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I have a Lexmark X1160 printer/scanner and very soon I am going to have to renew the ink cartridges.
Can anybody suggest where I can find good quality cartridges at a reasonably price ?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Worth a look here Rob http://www.cartridgeworld.org/

On their store locator list they have outlets at Romford and Ilford, for example. I haven't used them but there's a store near me which looks impressive. I believe they have an unconditional guarantee.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Thanks for your replies, ended up getting the cartridges from E-Bay (thanks Kalamar).
One colour, one black each with double the ink of the originals ( we will see ) for £30.
Also thanks Jimbo for Cartridge World, might try that another time, one at Basildon which is a bit further than Romford, but it is a bloody site easier to get to.
As an added bonus I was able to reactivate my Paypal account.
One happy bunny, now for the French. :-cheers

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
Still seems a shade pricey to me. Have you looked at Choicestationery website.

Meldrew

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi Meldrew, the two cartridges I got are 10N0026 colour, and 10N0016 black which work out at £48-49 at Choicestationary.
Now I have the cartridges I think I might fill them up at Cartridgeworld when they are empty, unless someone comes up with a better idea.
To fill up both cartridges cost £24-21. :cool:

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I think the best way to get cheap cartridges is to get a printer that they are available for. I have an Epson 580, 5 back cartridges on eBay cost me £7 including p&p. Admittedly that was a good one off buy, but normally blacks are available for under £2 each, I got some colour ones a few months ago, £5 something for a pack of 2, that’s a fairly standard eBay price for them too.

A printer like that would cost about £40 pounds now I imagine. If you print a fair amount and pay £20 something for a refill of both cartridges for your Lexmark, it wouldn’t be long before you start saving.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
That's a good point Polomint I will have to look into that. At the moment I don't do a lot of printing but it is still worth looking into.
I have just come back from taking my wife to the shopping centre at Lakeside, and while I was there I popped into Dixons and the price for the two cartridges that I got from E-Bay for £30 were priced at £65, what a rip off.
How can they charge that price for a few Milli-litters of ink. :confused

womble7

Reaction score
i have used cartridge world for some time now and can recomend them never had a problem with them at all

womble

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks Womble, that's what I was hoping to hear. :cool:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Rob said:
I have a Lexmark X1160 printer/scanner and very soon I am going to have to renew the ink cartridges.
Can anybody suggest where I can find good quality cartridges at a reasonably price ?

I think you will find Rob there is a firm in North Street Romford (opposite KenLees Motor Sares) that does refills m8.....why not give em a try as you dont live too far away :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
P.S if you need their number let me know (PM or Post here!)

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i used to have a lexmark 1020. used viking direct for new cartridges, a bit pricey but the company was footing the bill. i ended up buying a JR inkjet refill kit, which worked well for about 3yrs till the cat knocked the printer off the desk and broke it!

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
@ wavy, cheers mate I think you must mean Cartridge World which Jimbo told me about. There is one in Romford and also Basildon which is easier to reach, and according to Womble who has used them they are very good.
To refill my two cartridges (10N0026 colour & 10N0016 black which are double the standard size) they charge £24.21. :cool:

russquk

Reaction score
a word of advice on printers,dont get a lexmark the ink cartride prices are a joke,this is why alot of lexmark printers are included in pc packages or used to be anyway.pc world do some good offers on epson printers and you can get inks of ebay dirt cheap and good quality too.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Could not agree more Russquk, if anyone reading this thread is thinking of buying a printer they should have a good look at the Epson and the cost of the printer refills.
At the moment I'm not to worried as I do not use the printer that much, so the next time I will refill at Cartridge World, which at £24 for two double refills I can live with, but I think my next printer might be an Epson. :cool:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Have to agree Rob I still use an Epson colour 440....been a reliable cheep printer so no need to change!......It does what I need it to do anyway.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
waverider said:
Have to agree Rob I still use an Epson colour 440....been a reliable cheep printer so no need to change!......It does what I need it to do anyway.

Ive binned each one of my Epson printers as the reliability/driver problems was infuriating

I now use HP850 and a 2200 scanner with printer for everything, and have saved hundreds of pounds by refilling with the custom ink injectors available. On the 850 Im on the ninth refill of the black cartridge with no real discernable drop in quality

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
By the way if anyone needs parts for Xerox printers, I have an XJ4 and XJ6 (with separate colour ink cartridges) . They are probably fully functional but I cant be bothered to load up the disks.

Collect from Kingston area