Private Spice scrambled error

Felix455

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5100, 2x80cm dishes - 13.0+19.0.
My Location
London
Hi all, I have an official viewing card for Private Spice that has worked well for some time however they changed their transponder a while and since I re-tuned the service I now get an error message (E30) about every 15 mins that lasts for 10 seconds then clears automaticly. I have emailed customer support about a month ago but have received no reply.
Does anyone know of a fix or have the same problem ? Otherwise this is a really good service.
Thanks in advance James.
ps i have tried turning off/on etc...
Also are there channels left on 13 deg east that my diablo cam can unscramble - used to get tps & XXL but hear its gone :confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can forget TPS - they closed on December 30th! :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Apparently X dream is available (some say FTA) but I don't believe them

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
What, X-Dream within TPS boucquet M8?
Private Spice obviously working fine on 1W within DigiTv Nagra 2 package too!O-no

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Apparently, but the thread above (now below ) this confirms it is not actually true

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Felix455 said:
Also are there channels left on 13 deg east that my diablo cam can unscramble - used to get tps & XXL but hear its gone :confused

Might be a good idea to stick a motor on one of dishes and get 1W and 16E.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
X-Dream was definitely fta this morning. They must be having problems with their encryption as its now happened a couple of time (a few channels that were in the old TPS bouquet have also been on-off with the encryption in the last few days too so they may be reconfiguring the encryption machines in the playout facilities)

Didnt spend too much time watching as it wasnt what I wanted to be watching when munching my cornflakes!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Felix455 said:
Hi all, I have an official viewing card for Private Spice that has worked well for some time however they changed their transponder a while and since I re-tuned the service I now get an error message (E30) about every 15 mins that lasts for 10 seconds then clears automaticly. I have emailed customer support about a month ago but have received no reply.
Does anyone know of a fix or have the same problem ? Otherwise this is a really good service.
Thanks in advance James.
ps i have tried turning off/on etc...

The tp frequency is 11,585V provider GlobeCast World.
Encryptions Irdeto 2, Viaccess 2.5 and Viaccess 3.0
If you bought he Viaccess version, then your problem night be related to the CAM not being able to decrypt 3.0. Check you CAM firmware version.
Have you tried deleting the channel and then rescan?

Highwayman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70cm dish
My Location
Edinburgh
HB13DISH said:
Encryptions Irdeto 2, Viaccess 2.5 and Viaccess 3.0
If you bought he Viaccess version, then your problem night be related to the CAM not being able to decrypt 3.0. Check you CAM firmware version.

This sounds so confusing.

What is the best CAM to buy for recieving Private spice from Hotbird?

Is one CAM better than the other?

On ebay for example there are viaccess CAM's with different designs on them. Also some have "smit" written on them and some don't.

Irdeto seems to be a bit less confusing, they all have purple design on CAM.

Can someone please explain all this and perhaps make a recommendation?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Didnt spend too much time watching as it wasnt what I wanted to be watching when munching my cornflakes!

It's more of a toad -in-the-hole channel.Humping

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Highwayman said:
This sounds so confusing.

What is the best CAM to buy for recieving Private spice from Hotbird?

Is one CAM better than the other?

On ebay for example there are viaccess CAM's with different designs on them. Also some have "smit" written on them and some don't.

Irdeto seems to be a bit less confusing, they all have purple design on CAM.

Can someone please explain all this and perhaps make a recommendation?

Do you have a satellite receiver? Update your profile with the make and model.
Does it have a CI CAM slot or embedded CAM?

Highwayman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70cm dish
My Location
Edinburgh
HB13DISH said:
Do you have a satellite receiver? Update your profile with the make and model.
Does it have a CI CAM slot or embedded CAM?

Thanks for your reply.

The fact that you have responded to my questions with even more questions tells me that this is even more complicated than I thought originally.

I haven't got a reciever yet but will be getting one with a CI CAM slot, NOT one with embedded.

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Well PrivateSpice 13E never WAS FTA during today - but then it was only EVER open after 2200hrs GMT! X-Dream also WASNT FTA today!
Seriously, if you REALLY want PS then 1W is by FAR the best package in Nagra in DigiTv and NOT TPS, whats left of it on 13E!;)

Felix455

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Thanks for the responses, I have tried re scaning the channel this afternoon but comes back with the same issue Irdeto Error E30 ! Will fiddle with other settings this weekend.

Might try P.Spice customer services again next week if no joy.

Just to clear up some confusion - I have Private Spice on Hotbird 13 deg. 24 hrs via official card.- I did used to get it on TPS at night only with a diablo + stealth software. As the channel seemed the best one for quality, cost of subscription and the fact they have a good website (accurate schedules) I got the official subs and a new Irdeto Cam package.

It worked spot on for eight months or so until they changed frequency now I get this Error every 15 mins that clears in 5-10 secs.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Felix455 said:
Thanks for the responses, I have tried re scaning the channel this afternoon but comes back with the same issue Irdeto Error E30 ! Will fiddle with other settings this weekend.

Might try P.Spice customer services again next week if no joy.

Just to clear up some confusion - I have Private Spice on Hotbird 13 deg. 24 hrs via official card.- I did used to get it on TPS at night only with a diablo + stealth software. As the channel seemed the best one for quality, cost of subscription and the fact they have a good website (accurate schedules) I got the official subs and a new Irdeto Cam package.

It worked spot on for eight months or so until they changed frequency now I get this Error every 15 mins that clears in 5-10 secs.

I think the error is related to your receiver, not the provider's fault.
Try to test the card and the Irdeto CAM on another system (friend, relative, etc.) and see what happens.
Also, check if there is a new official firmware (software) for your receiver. Are you using a patched software or this is the same original software that came initially?

Felix455

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I am inclined to agree that my receiver is causing the trouble - it is a Humax CI 5100 a few years old now but always been faithfull ! It has the original software from factory version 205. A sat shop told me it was out of date ages ago but as I said its always worked for my requirements (freecam/diablo etc...) It can get hot after a while so I tend to keep the top cover off.
Thanks James.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Felix455 said:
I am inclined to agree that my receiver is causing the trouble - it is a Humax CI 5100 a few years old now but always been faithfull ! It has the original software from factory version 205. A sat shop told me it was out of date ages ago but as I said its always worked for my requirements (freecam/diablo etc...) It can get hot after a while so I tend to keep the top cover off.
Thanks James.

I suggest to try to find a newer original firmware and install it.
Hopefully this would cure the problem.