Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Is it worth getting a Dreambox ?

Currently got a Skystar 2, am I right in saying that the Dreambox is just like a PC and works like the SS2 does the Softcam Keys ?

Whats the difference between these models and which is the best model to get ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29784&item=5737224777&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29784&item=5737224829&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I know very little about these, so any other info would be appreciated.

Cheers

pizzabeef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
djc said:
Is it worth getting a Dreambox ?

Currently got a Skystar 2, am I right in saying that the Dreambox is just like a PC and works like the SS2 does the Softcam Keys ?

I know very little about these, so any other info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Yes well worth getting a dreambox.
easy to update and plenty of scope.
youll never want nother reciever

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well apart from the seller, who does not appear to know his matrix from his newcamd, both boxes are great, but the 7000s is more featured, with the possibility for the addition of a hard drive and USB drive.

Do yourself a favour and buy from someone who knows the product, it may not be a company in the UK, but at least they will know what they are selling, probably cheaper too.

pizzabeef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Go to _www.dreambox.net.au
Everything you would like to know bout the dreambox is there,then make up your own mind

DJBlu

Reaction score
I bought one off this guy. Arrived 3 days after purchase. Admit he hasn't described the item properly but is genuine.

The Item was brand new.

Personal oppinion would be to get a 7000s

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can buy one with a hard drive installed for only another £30 or so (inc carriage) from somewhere like _www.hm-sat.de .

PS. If you buy from Germany, it carries a 24 month guarantee. :)