Problem patching Reality CAM using laptop PCMCIA

Anbeyon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar pvr5020 with motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hi All,

I am having problems programming a Reality CAM with the latest patch.

I have done the OTA upgrade so and the CAM is now running OmniCrypt 1.0.5 and so I am now trying to patch the CAM in my laptop.

However, when I plug the Reality CAM into my Laptop;

1. It seems to take ages for anything to be recognised.
2. Machine eventually beeps and if I then check in Device manager a new device has been added. But it is added under 'Other Devices' and identified as PCMCIA MTD-0002. (Note it is not added as a PCMCIA adapter). I guess becasue there are no specific drivers installed ?

Anyway, then when I try and use ucas loader to program it I am unable to select the PCMCIA option under the settings menu.

The Laptop is an Acer 4601WMLi running XP professional. I am trying to use ucas loader 1.3.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Many thanks

Clive

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You cannot expect any device to work on a laptop pc or palm unless drivers for that addon are installed. I think you will find a sticky with XP drivers in the cams and cards section or even the magic cam section but I am not sure what drivers your can should be using sorry>

Anbeyon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi toppervte33h

When you install the UCAS LOADER you are asked for the type of install. When you specify XP it selects Loader, pcmcia drivers and dll's automatically so I'm assuming the drivers are there ?

Thanks

Anbeyon

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sorry Anbeyon
this is not a procedure I am familiar with. Have you used this method before to up date your cam or is this your first time:eek: There are numerous threads all over the forum about laptops not recognising pcmcia cams! and then not being recognised by the receiver once updated....

Anbeyon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
hi toppervte33h

Thanks for your reply - No I'm afraid this is the 1st time. I'm new to all of this. Installed Echostar pvr5020 with motorised dish etc.... Just the CAM to get working. I managed to do the OTA upgrade yesterday - after some fun and games but now need to patch it. I'm trying to use the PCMCIA because it seemed really quick, easy and very striaght forward. Little did I realise :0)

I will continue to search the numerous threads here and see what I can unearth - I'm certain that it is driver related.

Thanks

Anbeyon

Anbeyon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I've read all the threads here and in other forums and tried updating the PCMCIA drivers but all with no luck.

Does anyone know - can the Reality CAM be programmed in the duolabs cas 3 programmer ?

if not I'll have to try serial to the STB

thanks

Anbeyon

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid that I'm not at home at the moment, or I would check what drivers I have loaded on my desktop, but will have a look as soon as I am back.

vehla_jatt

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have matrix reborn with mrb 312 loaded on it..dish tv and 10 feet ku band dish covering 13*E & 26*E..also covering 68*e to 108*e with only one 8 feet c- band o
My Location
faridkot,state:-punjab,india
hello frnds in dis forum ...i read dis forum so many times but .......??????...frnds i think u missing some thing in u r pc...pcmcia module is only use with xp and sp2... i have same problem months ago ..but nows days i will fix dis problem ...without sp2 pcmcia port is nt recognised by window ..so frnds better u 2 install sp2 on u r xp ..and enjoy .....

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Anbeyon said:
Does anyone know - can the Reality CAM be programmed in the duolabs cas 3 programmer ?
thanks

Anbeyon
According to Duolabs the full list of cams that can be programmed is in the graphics menu of CAS Studio.

SMRGroup

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ ×2, Humax PVR-9100, Force Frontier T90, Humax 0.3dB LNBs ×8, DiSEqC 4:1 switch ×2, Infinity Phoenix USB/serial smartcard programmer, Dragon CAM, ye olde Nokia SAT-1800 IRD (analogue)
My Location
Cheshire
Anbeyon said:
Installed Echostar pvr5020 with motorised dish etc.... Just the CAM to get working. I managed to do the OTA upgrade yesterday - after some fun and games but now need to patch it. I'm trying to use the PCMCIA because it seemed really quick, easy and very striaght forward. Little did I realise.
If it helps at all, I had a PVR-5020 with a Dragon CAM and it would only open half the channels it should (most of the TPS family and Multivision would fail). The same CAM with the same software would work fine in a Finepass receiver, and has since worked pefectly in the Humax I replaced the Echostar with.

Orman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, WinXP, LAN
My Location
Iran
I have the same problem with my MR Cam and exactly the same device notice in my Sony Vaio Laptop as yours:pCMCIA MTD-0002 and feel nobody know the right way and driver to be installed to recognize it. I have Lazer reciever, Hotbird and that useless MR Cam. I f you have any good news do not hesitate to share. Rgds.

skyone1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
england
Can anyone let me have the ucas loader for mr cam and laptop?, thanks