Problem starting TV and Sky digibox

sapins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox
My Location
France
I have a Mitsubishi TV connected to a Panasonic Digital Satellite Receiver Sky Digibox and a Liteon LVW-5045 HDD+DVD Recorder. When they are switched off , at night or for a long period during the day I cannot get into the Sky menu with All Programmes etc; all I get on the Tv screen are Black and White "broken up bars" sloping slightly down from left to right and jerking up and down as they scroll down the screen, sometimes you can detect the menu screen as it flashes on before the above and sometimes if I leave it alone it comes on as it should. Also on screen is AV1 in Red letters. It can also come at the first attempt and once everything is running there are no problems at all.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated as it is driving us potty!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably an ill fitting scart, or dodgy scart socket. Have you got the Sky digibox connected directly to the TV via the TV out?

sapins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox
My Location
France
Hi,
Yes I have the TV connected directly via a scart socket, I will check the connection on this later on, my wife got up before me O-zzz this morning, she always does and managed to switch it on after only one attempt.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Most likely scart cable slightly loose.
Can also be that the Sky box is set to RGB output and the TV is not compatible. In this case plug the scart cable into the other socket on the Sky box (usually the lower one on a Panasonic), marked VCR, which will not output RGB, instead it outputs PAL.

sapins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox
My Location
France
My wife beat me to it this morning and it started at the second attempt, I have just turned it off and on checking the scart plugs found the 2 on the PVR were not pushed right in the other scart plugs on the TV and Digibox seemed ok but I removed and re-connected them as well. Everything then started up as it should so it looks like a scart plug not in properly. I will have to check it tomorrow morning after it has been off overnight, I will post again to confirm start up is OK.

sapins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox
My Location
France
snap, I'm reluctant to change the scart socket as the system was running OK for quite a while, although if it won't do any harm I might try that.