DM500 - Gemini 4.2 /
XSAT 430 /
Xcruiser 250 /
H-H Motek 2100A /
1m Dish /
SATS: 146E, 138E, 134E, 122.2E, 108E, 95E, 75E
My Location
English living in China
Since i had problems with my Clone box and the GP 4.2 Image with my new Moteck H-H mount, I descided to change my image to the Nabilosat v8 Varmax Image. Now I have a problem that the box locks up and then i note that the CCcam fails to load / start. I get the attached screen shot when I try to view the CCcam via the Yellow Panel plug in. The only option to try to get it to work is to power off and then leave off for around 30 minutes then power on again.....if I'm lucky then the CCcam will start and i can watch the satellite for a while until it locks up again.

I have reflashed the Image and also reset to factory defaults to try to clear this problem. I think it also occured on the GP 4.2 Image so I just don't know if this is a CLONE box issue or the power supply, I note that the power supply is a 12v @ 2.0 Amp unit.....can anyone with an original DM500S tell me what their power supply rating is?

Only software installed are the CCcam 2.0.5 / Nabilosat CCcam plug-in.

Anyone tell me what X Lines are for in the CCcam.cfg file? I have a server C Lines but saw a plug in download for X lines and wondered what they are for?

Thanx for any help on the above problem.

Attachments

• osdshot.png
    osdshot.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 85

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
CCcam Info will only work if CCcam is running.

There are no X: lines in the standard CCcam.cfg file

angusc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Nabilosat v0.8 AG /
DM500 - Gemini 4.2 /
XSAT 430 /
Xcruiser 250 /
H-H Motek 2100A /
1m Dish /
My Location
English living in China
Thanx for the reply,

Do you have any suggestions why the CCcam is not running when I start my box? I have also measured the output voltages from the IF connector on the back of the box and hte voltage is very low at around 4-5 Volts, hense why a low SRN signal %.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is there enough room to install it? How are you installing it?

Blue Panel > addons > setup

angusc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Nabilosat v0.8 AG /
DM500 - Gemini 4.2 /
XSAT 430 /
Xcruiser 250 /
H-H Motek 2100A /
1m Dish /
My Location
English living in China
Yesterday i uninstalled NABILOSAT image and reinstalled the GP 4.2 Image which only uses up 17% of the memory on a fresh installation. Then i installed the CCcam 2.0.8 from the Blue panel, then i installed the CCcam Info plug-in. Finally i copied across my CCcam.cfg file and the Satellites.xml files.....That's all.

Now the CCcam is starting everytime as can be seen when i Telnet PS.

Problem seems to be the power output to the LNB. If i daisy chain the IF from the LNB to another reciever then hop out that one in to the DM500 (DM500 LNB power setting to "off") then when using the SATFIND feature in the DM500, i can get a "lock" on the Transponder. However if i only use the DM500 (other sat reciver turned off) then I can not obtain a signal "lock".

I have tried using another external power supply unit for the DM500 box (12v, 2 Amp) but still the same result so I'm assuming that the power unit is working OK.

I'm thinking that this is all about the CLONE box and that the box is knackered. As there are no Satellite shops in Beijing I can not just go out an buy another Genuine Dreambox, but it looks like I will be buying a DM8000 once they come out and I'm passing through Dubai or Malaysia next time round......

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I think there a few threads here about motor problems owing to low voltage output from Clones?