problem with manhattan starlight 6900

ceefax1

Reaction score
i have a manhattan starlight 6900 with embedded matrix cam,when i switched it on today its stuck in the boot mode,is there an easy fix for this or is it a bucket job,if its a bucket job whats the best reciever to buy.i have80cm dish h-h silent gold motor with a magic cam to watch tps and multi,will need a receiver soi can carry on watching all these channels.all help appreciated and thanks.

cooljoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 4 core using manhattan receiver
My Location
hampshire
ceefax1 said:
i have a manhattan starlight 6900 with embedded matrix cam,when i switched it on today its stuck in the boot mode,is there an easy fix for this or is it a bucket job,if its a bucket job whats the best reciever to buy.i have80cm dish h-h silent gold motor with a magic cam to watch tps and multi,will need a receiver soi can carry on watching all these channels.all help appreciated and thanks.

I am afraid this is a well known problem with these boxes. I also have exactly the same receiver and i have sent it away 3 times to be repaired due to loss of config with the box stuck in NOCH mode. Best answer I can give you is to send it back to where you bought it and they will get it fixed for you. Sorry I can not recommend you the best receiver to buy because am not too sure myself as I have been through 1 or 2 useless receivers.

inabsentia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000IP VIA, Skystar2 PCI c/w ProgDVB 4.85, Pace & Onn Terrestrial PVR's
My Location
North West
cooljoe said:
I am afraid this is a well known problem with these boxes. I also have exactly the same receiver and i have sent it away 3 times to be repaired due to loss of config with the box stuck in NOCH mode. Best answer I can give you is to send it back to where you bought it and they will get it fixed for you. Sorry I can not recommend you the best receiver to buy because am not too sure myself as I have been through 1 or 2 useless receivers.

It's a bit odd that you've had to have the same receiver done more than once because Manhattan say that once the problem has been fixed and their most up to date S/w has been installed (They do both when the box is returned), it prevents the problem recurring.

I had this happen to me over a year ago, and it's been ok ever since

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
inabsentia said:
It's a bit odd that you've had to have the same receiver done more than once because Manhattan say that once the problem has been fixed and their most up to date S/w has been installed (They do both when the box is returned), it prevents the problem recurring.
Its a hardware problem, (owing to defective chips procured and fitted to keep costs down by the manufacturer) , so the 'fix' would only work with board repair or complete replacement. Software alone will not repair the receiver.

Ask about getting the courier costs back before you send the receiver off, a production defect should be covered both ways, (if its classed as a repair however you usually pay half).

inabsentia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000IP VIA, Skystar2 PCI c/w ProgDVB 4.85, Pace & Onn Terrestrial PVR's
My Location
North West
Channel Hopper said:
Its a hardware problem, (owing to defective chips procured and fitted to keep costs down by the manufacturer) , so the 'fix' would only work with board repair or complete replacement. Software alone will not repair the receiver.

Yes, I know it was a hardware problem, if you read my message again,I said once you've had the problem solved AND had the software upgraded,they claim the problem cannot recur.