Problem with motor and receiver (Stab hh90 and 1000D Super)

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
Hi everybody!

I have a Stab HH90 motor and a 80cm dish with a Technomate 1000D Super receiver and I've been having major problems over here. Well, the whole thing was mounted over a month ago and I still cannot get channels from a number of satellites. Since my true south is Thor 1W (I live in SW London) I can get Thor 1W, Hotbird and Astra 1 but with the other ones I been having a lot of problems since I can only get a channel or two with either the wrong transponder or bad signal..

According to the motor manual, my lattitude is 51.5 and my longitude is 0.00 but on Multimap my lattitude is 51.46 and my longitude is is -0.10.. which one should I use?

Also, I been getting pretty stressed will all the problems going on with the receiver and the motor.. There are times whether when I'm trying to tune a transponder, I stop and the motor carries on moving. I been trying to tune the transponders from different satellites and all I get is the yellow and blue bars but when I save them, they turn back to red..

As I said, I can only get satellites close to 1W but I cannot get the rest. I've tried to use DiseCq and USALS but I been having the same problem.

Lol, another problem that I've been having is that whenever I try USALS, it works on 1 satellite but when I try to move it to another, it doesn't move or it loses the signal when I move the dish back.

My apologies if this is pretty long but I've been unable to find any solutions to these problems which is giving me a lot of problems..

Thanks for the help!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Lots of things to check here

You have used 1 deg W as your highest point of the arc but did you swing the whole motor body round to that point and make that your true 0 degrees?
Otherwise you will have scenarios similiar to this picture

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
I've been able to get Thor 1W since the whole motor body is positioned towards Thor or in this case, true south.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi ChrOnik, Sorry to hear that you are having problems, will try a few things and see how they go.
First thing is relax if you try doing this when you are stressed it's not going to work.
Next check your mounting pole in at least two different directions to make sure that it is 100% vertical, this is very important.
Use the lat and long in multi-map. The two sets of numbers are very close but you can't be 0.00 in south west London because Greenwich is 0.00
When tuning sats are you following the directions in your users manual.
Would suggest that you tune in each sat and then scan for channels, and make sure that you "Save" each sat after tuning.
Think that's enough for the moment, now take your time (you have Hotbird and a few others) don't get stressed, stay cool and it will come.
Best of luck
Rob

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Grays, Essex
I'm having a problem right now.. everytime I change from Thor another satellite (Astra 1 and Hotbird) the image appears for aprox. 5 seconds and then it freezes and then it gives the 'no signal found' kind of message... I dunno what to do because I was able to watch the channels on these birds last night without any probs but my bro woke me up this probklem saying that the receiver had this problem.

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
I can help you with this as I have the exact same problem. Its a fault on some of the Technomates 1000d super. Technomate have released new firmware which fixes the problem however if you want your receiver patched your in trouble as this firmware hasn't been incorperated into the patches. I've learned to live with it but generally if your on say Thor, before you attempt to move the dish leave it on a Horizontal channel, The select say Astra 1 and again make sure you are selecting a Horizontal channel on Astra 1 and your dish should move with no probs.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Chr0nik said:
I been trying to tune the transponders from different satellites and all I get is the yellow and blue bars but when I save them, they turn back to red.

After going to "Satellite Set-Up" exit and then go to "Motorized Setting" after entering your details did YOU CLICK OK on "Save/Recalcuate" before you press the red button to scan for channels.