Problem with My skystar2 PCI no video & no sound ??

sof940

Reaction score
i've tried even the last version of progdvb and still the same problem...
I mentioned that in progdvb "DEVICE LIST" won't recognize SKYSTAR2 PCI
only SKYSTAR 2
WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
Please need your help
Thanks

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
sof940 said:
i've tried even the last version of progdvb and still the same problem...
I mentioned that in progdvb "DEVICE LIST" won't recognize SKYSTAR2 PCI
only SKYSTAR 2
WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
Please need your help
Thanks

Heelow son
Does the card boot when loading the progdvb ? should see some error message if not. You can try another pci slot on your motherboard too. Must have SS2 drivers installed first thing to do. Version of progdvb should have no effect on specific problem at hand. Tell all about this to us and we will see what we can do for you to fix problem.
:-gnome

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
go into system on control panel locate hardware and check that your card is there,enabled and functioning properly.
also inform forum of your complete system, it helps to diagnose problems

sof940

Reaction score
hi there here's my configuration concerning Skystar2 rev2.3 PCI

IntelP4 1.7 Ghz, win XP , video NVIDIA GEFORCE MX 440 AGP 64 Mo, no error messages in progdvb, the problem is that in progdvb in menu 'device list' it shows SKYSTAR2 but not like before it showed SKYSTAR2 PCI USB....
the signal level works perfect with progdvb so i've tried many other softs like altDVB and others it remains the same problem there's no video also no sound... i'm in trouble , i unplugged the card and plugged it again but without a chance i tried even the last progdvb version also the same problem, what can i do please need your help.
thanx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried it with MyTheatre? It can sometimes produce results more readily.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
in device list it should show sky star 2 or are u using usb, which driver version are u using is motorised or not, are u using diseqc ? the guy's here need as much info as u can give to help solve prob (otherwise it's like trying to complete a jigsaw without the picture (pardon the pun)

sof940

Reaction score
sorry i've not tried it with mytheatre i'll try it soon and i'll tell you about the result so i've tried to install skystar2 in another PC but still the same problem :(
thaks guy for your help

nacturnal

Reaction score
Hi,

The problem seems to be with driver and software installtion. Which version
of driver you are using? Try to use T.S softwre version greater than 4.2.11 or
use 4.30. Don't use the software bundled with the card,as the card is looking
like older Rev i.e 2.3 ( now rev 2.6 D is running).

nacturnal

sof940

Reaction score
my skystar2 is rev 2.3 , but i think that the problem isn't with driver it's a hard problem cos i tried all the drivers 4.20 and 4.30 and always the same result progdvb don't recognize my skystar2 normally it'll show SKYSTAR2 PCI ... not SKYSTAR2.DEVICE
Guys i'm waiting for your help !

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
sof940 said:
my skystar2 is rev 2.3 , but i think that the problem isn't with driver it's a hard problem cos i tried all the drivers 4.20 and 4.30 and always the same result progdvb don't recognize my skystar2 normally it'll show SKYSTAR2 PCI ... not SKYSTAR2.DEVICE
Guys i'm waiting for your help !

Well it is possible that you have a bad card,I have not heard of one but I guess it could happen.Can you exchange it for another ? also if trying MyTheatre, try version 2.76 ,its a simple easy to use version and actually the best one for just watchin those channels with no frills (the frills dont work anyway!) if all software is installed correctly it would be hardware.Did you try another MOBO slot ?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I think it is the way you are installing the driver. I have had a similar problem before and it had something to do with the way i was installing the driver, wish i could remember what i done but it sounds to me like a driver installation problem. Your pc is not detecting the card correctly. Having the same problem on the other pc makes me think its the same driver installation problem or a remote chance the card is defective but if xp is seeing the card at any stage just not seeing it properly then it is probably working fine hardware wise. install any software that came with it as that can help even if not using it, such as viewing software.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
it is the driver that the problem its not picking up skystar card (look at your attachments and look at mine, you need to sort this before you go any further