Problem with My Theatre

jonbhoy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for advice from those experienced with My Theatre 2.76. I have installed MY Theatre 2.76 on to a Win XP SP2 PC with AMD Athlon 3200 XP. When I run the app it immediately returns the error "Failed to get data for the 'AUDIOCHAN' Error code 0x00000000". The only option is to click the OK button to clear the message the app then crashes and I get the standard Win XP error "MyTheatre.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I searched the forum and found only one related topic, http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=8419&highlight=failed+data+audiochan but this does not solve my problem. I am unable to make any configauration setting changes to My Theatre becuase it immediately crashes on startup.

My card is a Fujitsu Siemens DVB C pci (using Technotrend drivers). I have ProgDVB installed and it is working very well.

Anyone had this and/or can offer advice.

TIA

jonbhoy

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
jonbhoy said:
Hi All,

I'm looking for advice from those experienced with My Theatre 2.76. I have installed MY Theatre 2.76 on to a Win XP SP2 PC with AMD Athlon 3200 XP. When I run the app it immediately returns the error "Failed to get data for the 'AUDIOCHAN' Error code 0x00000000". The only option is to click the OK button to clear the message the app then crashes and I get the standard Win XP error "MyTheatre.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I searched the forum and found only one related topic, http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=8419&highlight=failed+data+audiochan but this does not solve my problem. I am unable to make any configauration setting changes to My Theatre becuase it immediately crashes on startup.

My card is a Fujitsu Siemens DVB C pci (using Technotrend drivers). I have ProgDVB installed and it is working very well.

Anyone had this and/or can offer advice.

TIA

jonbhoy

Hi
Have you tried deleting MT and re installing it ? Might be a corrupted file or something,I have never had that problem with it,but I run win2000 but dont think the OS is doing it.

jonbhoy

Reaction score
Hi Kalamar,

thanx for the reply. Yes I have tried a re-install. I'm thinking it might be to do with my sound card I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2. Can anyone with this card tell me whether thay have been able to install and run My Theatre. I will also try a different version of My Theatre, any recommendations? I think the free version stopped at 2.76, is that right?

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Yes 2.76 was the last "free" one and the pay versions wont solve your problem either as I have them all installed on my computer for testing MT 3.20-2 works good but the remote dont work right and has really no advantage over ProgDVB 4.46. If you have ProgDVB working fine as you say,I would forget about MT as ProgDVB will do some things a lot better anyway,such as OSD and EPG and Remote control. Also I have the latest RitzDVB working nicely too ,you might want to try it.Version 0.5.0.6
dvbDream dont seem to work good for me so I dont recomend it either.