Problem with sky mount (picture included)

jp.pilot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, and multiroom
AMD 64 bit OC'ed to 2700Mhz
My Location
London
Hi everyone,

About a week ago I received a letter from my council, indicating that I must not have a dish on the front of the flat (the flat is only four floors).

Initially the Sky engineers came round, and decided to lean out my bedroom window to install the dish (my bedroom is the front of the building and heading approx 060°). I had asked it to go on the opposite side (heading 240°), but they refused and said it would not receive a signal (although 2 other flats have). My feeling is that it would have been far quicker and easier to do it their way, as the Sky plus is in my bedroom, and the normal multiroom on the other side!!!

I brought a 50m reel of H109F cable, F connectors and other pieces, and a satellite finder kit. I leant out my balcony (west side) and was able to receive a signal! However, the sky mount only reaches out around 30cm (as shown in picture).

I've looked everywhere on the web, and I cannot find anyone who sells the arm but at a longer length; I only need an extra 30cm!

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've seen pole mounts that are shaped in a U and reach out about 80cm, but I don’t see how I can attach the dish to the pole.

Any help would be much appreciated; I can’t afford to miss another episode of ITV’s Satellite Dish Installations From Hell! ;-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can put a U bolt through the horizontal you show there and clamp it on to one of these:

jp.pilot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, and multiroom
AMD 64 bit OC'ed to 2700Mhz
My Location
London
Rolfw,

You're an absolute gem!!!

I kept looking at that bit and for the life of me I didn't realise its purpose:-doh! .

Many thanks and have a good weekend! :-beer

James Pearce

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, have a good one yourself James, looks like it might be spent up a ladder though. :)