Problem with software update on Silvercrest sl65

JAMBOliam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 with DiSeq 1.2 motor, HDrive 100gigs, dvd recorder, 5.1 goodmans surround sound, xbox360 wifi live,goodmans GD3
My Location
Edinburgh
hi guys,
i know there are similar topics already open but didnt get any replied to my posts there...

the problem im having is...
1. i cant figure out how to put my silvercrest (comag) reciever into download mode...ive tried the instruction of holding down the ch up and ch down buttons and then switching it on but that doesnt work.

2. for some reason, astra 28E, when i do a search on my reciever only returns the same channels as it finds on astra 18....

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well firstly I would not recommend using the OTA method of updating the receiver even if it does need updating. Secondly you are not explaining yourself clearly. Are you saying that the dish is moving to 28 deg East then you are doing a scan?..... If you are still only getting channels on 19East then it could be the dish is not moving. Thirdly you do not update the channels OTA the channels have will have to searched for or loaded as a separate file on top of the firmware if my understanding of that stb is correct (althouh I have never used one). Lastly the frequencies and channel details from one satellite sometimes correspond to other channels on another satellite therefore I suggest you check here and here to ensure the channels you are receiving are coming from where you think they are.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I had this before i threw the sl65 to the back of the cupboard I seem to remember thet its not the back on-off switch you use its the front standby one so turn the back switch on then press the 2 channel buttons and then the front standby one and that worked for me with it connected to a pc

JAMBOliam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 with DiSeq 1.2 motor, HDrive 100gigs, dvd recorder, 5.1 goodmans surround sound, xbox360 wifi live,goodmans GD3
My Location
Edinburgh
Topper said:
Well firstly I would not recommend using the OTA method of updating the receiver even if it does need updating. Secondly you are not explaining yourself clearly. Are you saying that the dish is moving to 28 deg East then you are doing a scan?..... If you are still only getting channels on 19East then it could be the dish is not moving. Thirdly you do not update the channels OTA the channels have will have to searched for or loaded as a separate file on top of the firmware if my understanding of that stb is correct (althouh I have never used one). Lastly the frequencies and channel details from one satellite sometimes correspond to other channels on another satellite therefore I suggest you check here and here to ensure the channels you are receiving are coming from where you think they are.

Whats OTA?
thanks for your help will check the dish to see if it moves when i i tell it to go between the astra sats

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes thanks mrminibus yes OTA = over the air

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
I have 2 SL65's and have never updated them. The only time I really bother doing anything is when new transponders and channels are posted on here. I just add them manually. If Lidl keep selling these for silly prices, what is the point of trying to mess around with them?
Maybe I'm just looking at things too simply, but this suits my meagre need quite adequately.O-zzz

JAMBOliam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Edinburgh
thanks for your replies guys,

well i wanted to use the editor so to cut out all the trash channels and just leave in the ones i need... the box is too slow to do this normally.

I think i tried the front on and off switch but ill try it again...hope its not my null modem cable

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Got a Silvercrest SL65I
can get Hotbird 13.0E ok, also Badr (which i think is Arabsat?) and Nilesat, and Sirius2 - but I dont know how to search for particular channels manually perhaps one of our members has this receiver and can help me out here? Thanks