• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problem with Technomate

Messages
5
Likes
0
#1
I'm having problems setting up a motorized dish with universal lnb and a Technomate 5500CI receiver. So far I've measured all the allignments and everything here seems to be ok. My problem is that when the lnb is connected to the motor, I can no longer use the receiver to move the satellite dish. With the lnb disconnected there is no problem. On top of that, even if manually align the dish with a meter and then connect the lnb via the motor, I can't get a signal on the receiver.

Has anyone seen this problem before or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks. :)
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,652
Likes
1,272
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
#2
Check the connections on the cable from the motor to the LNB first, there may be a short.
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
#3
Thanks for the reply. I've tried changing the cable from the LNB to the motor but there was no change. Then I tried connecting the LNB directly to the receiver and the signal drops to zero. With the motor in the circuit, the signal strength was about 83 and signal quality was 10 (i.e. 0).

Do you think we've got a faulty LNB?
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
#4
Well we've found out that the signal problem was because we weren't pointing at the satellite we thought we were. We can now tune in the channels on Eutelsat... However there is still a problem with the motor. When the motor is connected with the LNB, nothing works. When the motor is connected alone, the receiver can control the motor. Either we've got a faulty motor or there isn't enough current to drive the motor and LNB together...
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
My Location
Kidderminster, Worcester
#5
Hi,

Just a thought, but I did my own DIY installation with some of the infamous LIDL equipment and a technomate 5500ci super, along with a lot of help from the guys on the board here! When I was trying to sort out my arc, I found that if the signal strength meter was plugged in (ie box>motor in>motor out>meter in>meter out>LN:cool: then the box could no longer move the dish and the general signal quality went down.
Also, during the chaos that was my DIY-installation-adventure, I also mixed up the leads going into the motor, ie box lead into LNB socket, etc. This caused the motor to feck around quite considerably and, obviously, the box couldn't control it with USALS.
Last thing I read was that try a new cable length. I managed to damage mine being slightly over-enthusiastic pulling it in through the window frame hole. You may want to try a completely new set of leads and ends.

Best of luck

Steve
:)