Problems at 1W

firewire2072

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have some friends from cambridge who I have helped in the past with putting up their motorised sat system. Technomate 5500 with 1M Triax dish & USAL stab motor. Previously 1W was being received and had good picture quality, upon my latest visit it would appear that 1W has gone completely, whilst all the other sats from Hispasat to Eurobird are in tact. Does anyone know what happened?

I checked the reading at 1W on a digisat metre and found that it peaked at around 60, so I was hoping for a good quality signal, but when I tried to tune it on the receiver I get no signals and no channels.

I am baffled and would like some advice on this matter please.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If all of the other satellites are OK, then it is unlikely that the dish has moved. If you set up the dish using 1W as a reference sat, then you should be able to go back to zero and rescan for channels. Is the reference transponder you are using for 1W a valid one?

loftyj

Reaction score
Transponder 11189V, 2142 fec 7/8 vpid 100, apid 110, this is a Polish channel called Edusat with signal strenth of 90 in Clacton with 1.2 dish.