Problems Condensation on inside of channel master feed horn

R

Rd100

Problems Condensation on inside of channel master feedhorn window of my new cm feed horn on my 1.8m channel master the feed horn has only been on there a few days but i did notice it is easy to pull the feedhorn window cover on and off, Any one thing it would be safe to glue it on with some pvc silicone to seal it

ouagadougou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2m NERA Prime Focus Dish for C/ku Bands, DM500, SkyStar2, Technomate 5500CIP, Force 1122.
My Location
Stockholm & Windhoek Namibia
Rd100 said:
Problems Condensation on inside of channel master feedhorn window of my new cm feed horn on my 1.8m channel master the feed horn has only been on there a few days but i did notice it is easy to pull the feedhorn window cover on and off, Any one thing it would be safe to glue it on with some pvc silicone to seal it

If you keep the glue off the window face and outside the feedhorn then it should be ok but you could get loss otherwise also depends how much and what type of glue as well.

R

Rd100

Yer i know that i have just repaired it and will see how it goes now

ouagadougou said:
If you keep the glue off the window face and outside the feedhorn then it should be ok but you could get loss otherwise also depends how much and what type of glue as well.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Don't see what could go wrong with silicone sealant on the feedhorn cap, I've pulled enough LNBs apart with silicone sealing up the cap... :D