problems due to Currys.Digital

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
I was i Currys.Digital in the Arndale in Manchester last month and they had Sky HD for £99 advertised which intrested me but we alredy had Sky+ with the contract in the Wifes name.
After being told it was only for new subscribers they recommended i signed up as a new contract and for us to cancell the old one. We where given a provisional instalation date and told a letter would be sent out well no letter was sent and no viewing card so yesterday i called Sky. They said the details where not put on the system and to deal with Currys. Went into the Warrington branch and was informed they could not sort the problem and i would have to return to the arndale which i shall do on Saturday.
Problem is the £99 offer closed at the end of june its now upto £149 im most annoyed with this i was looking forward to watching Sky Arts HD channel.
Now im just planning on not having Sky at all or shopping in a Currys store again.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
So did you part with any money??

Did you get a receipt, if so they must honour the deal

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
as sorted out by Sky after i called them twice and they had no account of me, They then called me and sorted it all out, Apparently the sales assistant in Currys didnt get my debit card details right so the order failed to get put on the system.
They could not match the £99 offer they did it for £75 with free install.

Had it fitted in 16th of July installation was good had my dish and LNB replaced and realigned shame the 1st HD box only lasted a month.

On my second box now nearly the third but the engineer would not replace as the fault didnt show up on his arriva.

Overall i think the picture is superb when it works but the channel we watch most are BBC HD and CH4HD so its a bit of a waste paying the extra £10 each month.

Wont cancel anyway because there is no suitable alternative to Sky for the channels the wife watches.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
streetlighter said:

Overall i think the picture is superb when it works but the channel we watch most are BBC HD and CH4HD so its a bit of a waste paying the extra £10 each month.

Wont cancel anyway because there is no suitable alternative to Sky for the channels the wife watches.

Very wise indeed ....keep the lady sweet ;)

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Yeah she gets the Sky HD on a 32" LCD and im in the bedroom with Freesat HD on a 23" LCD