Problems finding correct remote control..

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
I am having problems trying to find the correct remote control for me analogue satellite receiver, not sure how to narrow me search, so here are the details of the receiver (printed exactly as it is on the bottom of the receiver)

MODEL NO: PRIMA by Pace
PART CODE: 700-1001800
230V ~50Hz 22W MAX.
SERIAL NO: PCSAIJF818332163

then in bottom right of the label it has the PACE logo and the numbers: 297-1030611

Please, can anyone help, cos I am trying to get into the menu but can't cos I need the remote control...

Thanks,
Marc Aaron

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I managed to access my couple of receivers with a Marmitek universal using the Pace remote codes in the booklet, it was a bit of trial and error, but it worked. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
marcaaron20 said:
I am having problems trying to find the correct remote control for me analogue satellite receiver, not sure how to narrow me search, so here are the details of the receiver (printed exactly as it is on the bottom of the receiver)

MODEL NO: PRIMA by Pace
PART CODE: 700-1001800
230V ~50Hz 22W MAX.
SERIAL NO: PCSAIJF818332163

then in bottom right of the label it has the PACE logo and the numbers: 297-1030611

Please, can anyone help, cos I am trying to get into the menu but can't cos I need the remote control...

Thanks,
Marc Aaron

These are a bit odd really, some Primas can use the MSS series remote, whereas others us the RC-10 (I think) remote, easy way to tell the difference is the MSS one has "Mss Series" on the remote, and the other has a small "RC-10" on the bottom right of the keypad. Either of those should work depending on your box... :)

Here is the ebay number of an MSS series remote: 120104404131 (copy the number and paste it into the Search box)

I had a Granada clone of a Pace reciever (either MSS200 or Prima, not 100% sure) and it worked happily with my MSS300 remote, shame it's capacitors were nackered, it squealed too much, but that's £1.50 at a carboot for you... :)

EDIT:
Actually, I think I'm confusing the MSS100 with the Prima, I think the MSS Series remote should work as it's basically a feature-reduced version of the MSS300... :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The MSS remotes certainly haven't worked on the Pace Primas I've had, but that was a transitional receiver, so perhaps they changed things in the middle of production. :)

I've just dug out an RC10 here, PM me with your address Marc and I'll send it to you. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
rolfw said:
The MSS remotes certainly haven't worked on the Pace Primas I've had, but that was a transitional receiver, so perhaps they changed things in the middle of production. :)

I've just dug out an RC10 here, PM me with your address Marc and I'll send it to you. :)

I get confused easily, but I know someone who had an MSS100 and it needed the RC10, whereas some earlier MSS100's (I think) needed the MSS series remote, daft bunch of boxes!!! I prefer my MSS300 (the second one, the first commited suicide by smoking! See!!! Smoking kills!!! :p ), it works perfectly and looks the bees knees... :D